Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m right there with you. What I keep telling myself. This is just a moment in time and can’t last. The truck that hit you, hit me 5 days ago.

I'm on day 10 with the Rona and I'm just starting to feel somewhat back to normal. Days 5-9 were the absolute worst. Barely got out of bed. Aches, fever, extreme fatigue. Awful virus

Let’s take it all the way back to not replacing Cut with the best person you could find, but the best person on your current staff, and then micromanaging him and creating a schizo offensive identity.

Also, losing Rodney Garner did not help...
I suppose you could, but Tennessee could (should) have won the SEC and played for a title in 2001 with Sanders as OC. They were an elite team that year, even though they lost to an 8-win Georgia team with a rookie Mark Richt and had some close calls against bad teams. That was a quintessential Phil year - play up or down to the competition. He did that his whole career. He was so much better in an underdog role than as a favorite.

It’s a bit harsh, but I suppose technically accurate, to say the decline began right after they won it all in 1998.

While I understand what he’s done is incredible part of me says what if the SEC is to big for him? A lot of good coaches never cut it under the pressure every week

And if everyone has this way of thinking, UF wouldn't have hired Urban Meyer; LSU wouldn't have hired Nick Saban; UF wouldn't have hired Steve Spurrier; etc.

I understand your thinking, and UT's history of hiring the wrong coaches cannot be discounted, but the odds are they have to get it right sooner or later. 🤞

Reactions: MwB
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back