Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prospect of firing Pruitt does not by itself make me excited, as I have no reason to believe we'll actually replace him with someone better. Freeze still seems a reach. Kiffin I don't see ever happening. Too many bridges burned. Beyond that, it's, what...Napier? Maybe Chadwell? Both rolls of the dice.

Reactions: beneVOLence
Why stick with a failure? That makes absolutely no sense, at least a change shows that the university attempts to care about winning..

I don't think most people realize how bad off the culture of the program was when Butch Jones left. That was not something that was simply going to change overnight. Pruitt has also recruited very well, given the circumstance that he was put in.

Have I been satisfied with the on-field results? Of course not, but all in all, he would leave the team with a much better culture, and something a good coach could take and make successful really quick. I think we are already seeing what a difference a QB who is not a head case can make.

If the administration cares about winning, they will get an established winner, or stick with who we have. A $20 million buyout isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Reactions: UTProf
I gotcha but I think if he’s fighting for his job he can’t just say oh watch me I’m going to land x,y, and z.
You just never know. He has relationships from these players, the ones that signed elsewhere. They communicate. We've seen players, highly ranked players, rumored to be unhappy. He may know of some that are willing to come to play for him. Also, if he does get next year, three and for year players have less risk as they can go test the league after one season. They may be willing to gamble on Pruitt.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
He's already on the hot seat. It's flaming.

Hehehe
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back