Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you see this Pitt game?

1) Nice, early (and entertaining!) test for the Vols in Year 0 of a multi-year rebuild that will help us see where we are?​
2) Critical game on which the entire season hinges - if we lose, it sets Heupel back, starting the clock on his tenure and begins introducing doubts about whether he's "the guy"?​

I continue to bump into Vol fans who are highly anxious and seem to fall into Category 2.

Why do we do this to ourselves??

I really hope Chip Kelly is successful at UCLA. If so, he will become my Exhibit A for how we should be treating our coaches.
Get out of the way and give them space to build for goodness sakes....

I’m confident going into this showdown and feel we will win this game. The only thing that would place any doubt in my mind is if we got totally blown out and I just don’t see that happening. A loss will hurt, like any, but losing a competitive game to a pretty good team won’t cause me to doubt the process. Not happening though....42-28 Vols!

100% #1.

#2 people have lost their dang marbles. I'll just copypasta what I said to all the #2s in FF.

Early in the season of Y1 - a growth and developmental season.

~50/50 game (36/64 or 40/60 rn according to Vegas) - doesn't say much either way and we have about 4 or 5 of these this season - not sure why some think this is more important than those.

Out of conference - doesn't affect division ranking.

Ultimately, just look how we started last year or in 2019 and tell me the first 2 games matter that much. It's a long season and we need to grow and develop this season. It's also Y1...so I don't see how anyone thinks any game is of great importance. Those will come in the next 2 seasons when we hit inflection points. Any person should expect a reasonable number of bumps and mistakes in Y1 of a new...offense...defense...oc...dc...qb...rb...on and on and on.

We basically have up to 5 games that are ~coinflips. Meaning each particular one is of less importance.

And then there's the defense. It's a defense we'll hardly see again all season. If we struggle or rope it, I'm not sure it would be a great predictor for our offense the rest of the season anyway.
Yeah, people seem to giving this game way too much importance.

It is important, but it's not critical to the future of Heupel, the players or recruiting. It is his 2nd game! UT will win, but could still show improvement, and future promise in a loss.

Pitt is a decent team, much better than the other OOC games, but the only real thing a win or loss will dictate is which bowl game we're headed to. JMO, of course.

I mean I'll pretty much watch any sport but Football is always the first choice if it's on.

Also looking forward to watching this Kansas vs Coastal Carolina game at 7:30!

More important question...

2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, Quad Cab, 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 45k miles = what's it worth?
If it's in decent shape, it's worth around $22k.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
How do you see this Pitt game?

1) Nice, early (and entertaining!) test for the Vols in Year 0 of a multi-year rebuild that will help us see where we are?​
2) Critical game on which the entire season hinges - if we lose, it sets Heupel back, starting the clock on his tenure and begins introducing doubts about whether he's "the guy"?​

I continue to bump into Vol fans who are highly anxious and seem to fall into Category 2.

Why do we do this to ourselves??

I really hope Chip Kelly is successful at UCLA. If so, he will become my Exhibit A for how we should be treating our coaches.
Get out of the way and give them space to build for goodness sakes....
Can someone lay out a reasonable argument for 2? I just don’t see it.

Yeah, dealer has it at like 26k and when digging into a few place to research pricing I was thinking 22k-24k would be about right.
I deal with dealerships a lot and everything is priced super high at the moment. Was even worse a few weeks to a month ago. Add in taxes and people are paying a ton over for used vehicles.

Reactions: CABVOL

Curious if those people ever tell you why they think it's so important. I do wonder if some people have that same old mentality they did going into WVU or BYU, thinking "we're SEC and they're from some lowly conference, so if we can't beat them, then SURELY we won't be able to win a single SEC game" (patently false and proven as such in both of those years).

Some just seem to have a weird, overinflated view of conferences. I mean, Pitt could well end up being the 3rd or 4th best ACC team this year. Does that mean the 3rd or 4th best SEC team should beat them? Well sure. But it sure doesn't mean the...idk ~7th-12th best SEC teams should.

I deal with dealerships a lot and everything is priced super high at the moment. Was even worse a few weeks to a month ago. Add in taxes and people are paying a ton over for used vehicles.

Also true. Which I'll be using to my own advantage when I sell a regular cab truck I have.

It's appreciated almost double what I paid for it (and I paid cash in hand when I got it 2 years back).

Reactions: KPT_VFL
You're suggesting VPN'ing with a different location? It could possibly work, but you run the risk in using someone else's address...then you have to withdraw...taxes...and if they catch you they can seize your account. All-in-all no problem if you're just expecting to lose anyway, but then what's the point (though I could see some people wanting to lay a few bucks/week as a cost of pure entertainment...it definitely makes watching a boring slate of games more interesting).
No….. I am referring to offshore gambling which I have participated in for years.

I mean I'll pretty much watch any sport but Football is always the first choice if it's on.

Also looking forward to watching this Kansas vs Coastal Carolina game at 7:30!

More important question...

2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, Quad Cab, 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 45k miles = what's it worth?
How the heck does a 2012 truck only have 45k on it, but that truck would sell for 30k in texas

Also true. Which I'll be using to my own advantage when I sell a regular cab truck I have.

It's appreciated almost double what I paid for it (and I paid cash in hand when I got it 2 years back).
That is awesome. I had a truck that appreciated over 6k from January to June this year. Good time to sell a nice used vehicle if you’ve got one too.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back