Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need some good bigs. Either BHH isn't what he was advertised, or we just suck at developing guys.
He's just not there mentally I don't think. We missed on Banchero, Kessler, and Jabari Smith so we had to get him to reclassify. He went from being in high school preparing for his senior year to getting dropped off in Knoxville. I assume the transition has been difficult academically, personally, and physically.

Some of y'all better be feeling real dumb rn.

Go Vols. Hard fought, grinding dub. This is a gutsy win in every way.
Should have won by 30 points. Ugly game and its a W but there's a lot of bad with this team. Don't worry it will show, like always with a Barnes coached team. Hopefully we can make some changes and get other players mins and get better. Would have been nice putting this team away early and getting younger and less exp players minutes.

Should have won by 30 points. Ugly game and its a W but there's a lot of bad with this team. Don't worry it will show, like always with a Barnes coached team. Hopefully we can make some changes and get other players mins and get better. Would have been nice putting this team away early and getting younger and less exp players minutes.
take the dub.

We need some good bigs. Either BHH isn't what he was advertised, or we just suck at developing guys.
He looked good in the 1st half vs bama . 8 pts I think. Would have been nice to put this team away early so he could have more minutes to develop.

He's just not there mentally I don't think. We missed on Banchero, Kessler, and Jabari Smith so we had to get him to reclassify. He went from being in high school preparing for his senior year to getting dropped off in Knoxville. I assume the transition has been difficult academically, personally, and physically.
I didn't know he reclassified. Thats a big difference.

As bad as that looked and was… That type of experience will help come March. The teams that go deep in the tournament find ways to win when their best players go down or having off games. My biggest gripe is to dial in on the offensive side of the ball. Stop taking bad shots, and play more purposefully with the ball. Too much standing, not enough moving/cutting, and being strong with the basketball.

A gutsy win? Against half a team?
Yes. When you play 3/4ths of a game where you can't hit a shot and you're having to work your butts off just to keep it close by forcing turnovers - when every time you get it close they hit a couple 3s and stretch it out again - most teams quit and say it wasn't their night.

It's gutsy and tough to keep pressing and shooting until you work your way to over time then a win.

If you want to take this outcome entirely negatively that's your prerogative. Won't catch me b*tching over a Vols win, though. So miss me with that.

Barnes haterz can git

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back