Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not misdirection at all. If you can show me where I made any prediction that isn’t predicated on your own inferences then we can end this here. Many things start out not promising and end up successful, that doesn’t change the fact that they weren’t promising in the beginning.

And yes those things are evidence, just because they didn’t turn out to be useful evidence doesn’t suddenly shift them into an abstract or hypothetical. They happened, that makes them evidence of something. In this case, evidence that Gabriel was upset by the way CJH left and evidence that TMA was more enamored with UCF as a program than CJH as a coach and not evidence that pertains to CJH’s ability to coach.

Again I’ve said I was wrong about that more than once in this thread so obviously that’s not your end goal here or else you wouldn’t still be here banging your drum so hard.
Dillon Gabriel was a case of sour grapes and TMA was exactly what you NOW present but not what you were painting on your original canvas. All ended up meaning nothing in the grand scheme but you’re trying to claim you’re owning your wrong without actually doing so. Bang your own drum or take that exit sign on this endless roundabout. 😴

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Some of the talent is young, so there is still plenty of time for things to start clicking. Sometimes it doesn't look like we are far off.
Lack of shooting consistency, and most of all quality big man play is tough to overcome...but all they gotta do is get hot in the Dance and they can go deep.

I have seen a ton of deeply flawed 10-12 loss teams go deep in the tournament over the years because, as you just truly said, everything suddenly clicks and the whole team gets in the zone.

I just keep telling myself that we have shooters and we do have size/athleticism available. Barnes still has time to let these ingredients blend into something nice. Right now it looks like what it is - a work in progress.

There is not a lot of system to the system. Zeig goes zooming out of control to nowhere, no cutters off screens to feed, or spot ups when they reverse the ball. Santi pulled them out of the fire with Olivier the key inside. But how many layups do you need to see them miss to realize they lack focus and a clear vision of what they should do. I agree - WIP. Maybe they get it together in the second half of the season if they ever get an offensive identity. Defense is good.

Probably not gonna get the Wyoming WR transfer
paulie-sopranos.gif

Yeah, my dad was a lot like me but without the degree. Didn’t have any real interests or passions that were easily monetized. Wound up working in medical device radiation and loved it. Makes more money than 99% of the country, too. And that began as him being a floor worker loading boxes on the factory side of that same company.
Whatever you do, do it to the best of your ability, and learn everything you can about everything you can because somewhere down the road, that knowledge will come into play.

Dillon Gabriel was a case of sour grapes and TMA was exactly what you NOW present but not what you were painting on your original canvas. All ended up meaning nothing in the grand scheme but you’re trying to claim you’re owning your wrong without actually doing so. Bang your own drum or take that exit sign on this endless roundabout. 😴
Ok so you can’t cite any actual example of an actual prediction made or indictment of CJH’s ability as a coach? Thought so.

And you’re saying opinions and outlooks change as new evidence comes to light and new context further illuminates the already existing evidence? Things we only know for sure now in hindsight? It’s almost like that’s been my whole point, and that being an ass and grandstanding once you have that hindsight is a smug and pretentious thing to do.

I’ve said I was wrong, and I’ve said you're smug neither of those have changed. You still assert your purposely misguided interpretation of my words as some kind of declaration of CJH’s future failure rather than pointing out that, at the time, those two things did not seem positive. Did that turn out to be the case, not at all, but that doesn’t change the perception of those two things on Jan 30, 2021 and that doesn’t change.

Any of y’all see that Eastern Michigan booster offer his company up to give Caleb Williams a mil to sign there? Lol. Our alumni really don’t give af

Ok so you can’t cite any actual example of an actual prediction made or indictment of CJH’s ability as a coach? Thought so.

And you’re saying opinions and outlooks change as new evidence comes to light and new context further illuminates the already existing evidence? Things we only know for sure now in hindsight? It’s almost like that’s been my whole point, and that being an ass and grandstanding once you have that hindsight is a smug and pretentious thing to do.

I’ve said I was wrong, and I’ve said you're smug neither of those have changed. You still assert your purposely misguided interpretation of my words as some kind of declaration of CJH’s future failure rather than pointing out that, at the time, those two things did not seem positive. Did that turn out to be the case, not at all, but that doesn’t change the perception of those two things on Jan 30, 2021 and that doesn’t change.
And I say you're smug and haven't actually acknowledged being wrong on your take...just keep talking around it and projecting otherwise. Your words were clear. You are not. Keep dancing in that circle.

Any of y’all see that Eastern Michigan booster offer his company up to give Caleb Williams a mil to sign there? Lol. Our alumni really don’t give af

He won’t, but imagine Bryce Young doing the same thing after Monday if they win. Just to return to Tuscaloosa.

*He already makes more than Jalen Hurts.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Uh.. That's just dumb tho... Lol
Yeah...I can't really blame our people for not being total dumbasses with their money like that. I wish we had folks that would pay like A&M, and like UGA and Bama have been doing for a long time....but I can't really blame them.

This has gone full retard

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back