Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have been 4th and goal from the 8 and instead it turned into 1st and goal from the 4 on a really bad call. Sorry Bengals fans, y’all got screwed.
I would say if you think the refs were bad it’s because the team you were pulling for didn’t win. There was barely any flags (yay for once), and there wasn’t anything erroneous. He definitely was pulling on him on the 3rd and 8. If you want to complain about that call, you can go ahead and explain the first the first play of the 2nd half.

Those are awesome, I am jealous, world travel is something I will never get to do, but the good thing for me is we have a ton of places just as, or more amazing as anyplace else on earth.
I was very lucky and blessed to be able to go to those places. Adventures I will never forget. You’re 100% right though. America has it all, amazing how many people overlook or forget that. Tennessee still #1 for me. No place like home.

To me the biggest missed call was Higgins tossing down Ramsey.

That last call was a hold, and in that moment there was no way they wouldn’t call it.
It wasn’t a hold. He never held him lol they even showed the replay and the commentators basically just went silent and the other commenter said “umm what would you call that” with no answer

Bengals O-line stinks. Address it and they will make teams pay for years with Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Mixon.

All they need on D is to get a real CB instead of Apple and maybe another good pass rushing D-lineman.
The problem with the nfl is that the best chance to win is on the rookie deal for QBs or shortly after….. hard to keep a solid team them after you have to break the bank for a qb… the reason why Brady won so many was bc he typically took less money.

I would say if you think the refs were bad it’s because the team you were pulling for didn’t win. There was barely any flags (yay for once), and there wasn’t anything erroneous. He definitely was pulling on him on the 3rd and 8. If you want to complain about that call, you can go ahead and explain the first the first play of the 2nd half.
BS holding call. (I don’t care about either NFL teams)

It was never holding and the actual holdings that happened during the game they let go the entire game. I mean almost every coverage Ramsey was holding without a single call.

It wasn’t a hold. He never held him lol they even showed the replay and the commentators basically just went silent and the other commenter said “umm what would you call that” with no answer

Watched it, he held to me. You can disagree if ya want, but it got called either way.

I mean if we just want to keep going around in circles on what’s called and what’s not, why not call PI on the goal line on Ramsey in the 1st half when he had a hold of Higgins undershirt to the point that it was stretched a whole foot? They were letting CBs and LBs play really tight and grabby coverage all game… until they weren’t.

All I’m saying is if you set a standard of letting the players play then don’t change your mind in the last 2 minutes of the game. You call the game the exact same way you have been all game. They were extremely lenient all game and then decided “nah, I’m going to change my mind.”

BS holding call. (I don’t care about either NFL teams)

It was never holding and the actual holdings that happened during the game they let go the entire game. I mean almost every coverage Ramsey was holding without a single call.
I would say if that call upset you, then you should stop watching football. Just because it’s not always called doesn’t make it “not holding”. You still havn’t said anything about the massing OPI call that was missed. Just as important of an outcome as far as game changing.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
I mean if we just want to keep going around in circles on what’s called and what’s not, why not call PI on the goal line on Ramsey in the 1st half when he had a hold of Higgins undershirt to the point that it was stretched a whole foot? They were letting CBs and LBs play really tight and grabby coverage all game… until they weren’t.

All I’m saying is if you set a standard of letting the players play then don’t change your mind in the last 2 minutes of the game. You call the game the exact same way you have been all game. They were extremely lenient all game and then decided “nah, I’m going to change my mind.”

It happens within a season, too. Last year in the Super Bowl, the DB’s for the Bucs were allowed to do whatever they wanted. During the regular season, they would have been flagged a half dozen times.

The only reason he was able to stick him was because he was holding on. You could see him momentum slow and pull back.

It sounds to me you just don’t like football because you just described every game I’ve ever watch when it comes to standard on calling fouls. You

Now this I agree with, lack of consistency is always present. 3+ quarters of “let ‘em play” then things change and players are still playing the way they did all game when it was being allowed.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Do y'all really think that this isn't predetermined?
It’s like conspiracy theories. The likelihood of finding that many guys, that aren’t known for their brainpower, to follow a script seems very low in probably. In addition, finding that many moving parts to not spill the beans seems next to impossible as well.

Reactions: VFLBerg
This is defensive holding:

1644809669725.png

But somehow, this isn’t defensive holding:

1644809700923.png

This is what is upsetting for football fans. If you want to call the game one way where you let things like this second pic slide early.. then you let them slide late too.

Blown calls happen, but going against the standard that you set all game with letting both defenses be extremely grabby in the secondary all game and then calling a really weak holding with the game on the line is just a really bad look, and shouldn’t happen.

Refs were really good, but that d holding call was horrible. Especially when they'd been letting them play all game.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
The only reason he was able to stick him was because he was holding on. You could see him momentum slow and pull back.

It sounds to me you just don’t like football because you just described every game I’ve ever watch when it comes to standard on calling fouls. You

That second paragraph is so ridiculous I’m just going to summon my inner @butchna

k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back