Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The o line was bad last year too. I think we know more about this staff next year. My concerns with recruiting seen to be on point, hopefully Heupel can get some things going and spin some positive in the last half of the season.

The fanbase isn't pathetic, far from it. They're just hungry and tired.
Pathetic. Hungry and tired…. It’s the first year. The staff lost a close game to a veteran Pitt team after we had multiple starters get injured and one starter ineligible.

It took Ole Miss half a season to get their offense clicking and their defense was horrible the whole year.

Atleast our defense is good, we are a QB hitting wide open receivers away from being a pretty decent team in year one of a rebuild lol.

Again, this fan base if you can’t see that our team was better against Pitt then they were all of last year I don’t know what to tell you. This current team would of ran the team from last year. Not even close. Could barely even score points last year…. We just put up 34 on Pitt and it should of been about 50

Pathetic. Hungry and tired…. It’s the first year. The staff lost a close game to a veteran Pitt team after we had multiple starters get injured and one starter ineligible.

It took Ole Miss half a season to get their offense clicking and their defense was horrible the whole year.

Atleast our defense is good, we are a QB hitting wide open receivers away from being a pretty decent team in year one of a rebuild lol.

Again, this fan base if you can’t see that our team was better against Pitt then they were all of last year I don’t know what to tell you. This current team would of ran the team from last year. Not even close. Could barely even score points last year…. We just put up 34 on Pitt and it should of been about 50
I'm not sure I would call this defense good. We're about where I though we would be so I'm not down on them but I'm being realistic. That Pitt team is bottom 4 or 5 SEC caliber team.

The team does look engaged, which is an improvement from last year. We'll know more next season about this staff. We just need to put together a respectable season, this year that is 4 to 5 wins with an outside shot at 6 and a bowl game.

I'm not sure I would call this defense good. We're about where I though we would be so I'm not down on them but I'm being realistic. That Pitt team is bottom 4 or 5 SEC caliber team.

The team does look engaged, which is an improvement from last year. We'll know more next season about this staff. We just need to put together a respectable season, this year that is 4 to 5 wins with an outside shot at 6 and a bowl game.
I think you're underestimating that Pitt team. They aren't a bad team, and more than anything they had experience and discipline. We should have won that game, but we left too many points on the field, and we shot ourselves in the foot with so many penalties.

Mighty Milton
Hooker Who?
Anybody but Bailey

People have drawn lines and dug into absolutes. We have three QBs with different skillsets, all have things to work on and none are where we need them to be. They all have good days, okay days and bad days in practice, and they're all works in progress.

This narrative that Milton has dazzled in practice while Bailey is awful and Hooker is meh-- I haven't talked to anybody around the program or who watches practice who says that. Not sure why people are so invested in building one guy up, tearing another guy down and ignoring or discounting the capabilities of the third, when all three bring something to the table. The coaches are developing all of them, all are competing, nobody has a bad attitude and everybody wants to contribute and win. We may need all three of them, so I'm rooting for all of them-- and hope they all get better fast.

1631768416762.gif

I wont lie ,I actually thought the D would be a lot worse than what it is. They have their moments but there is no quit in them. I am more down on our secondary for letting WRs run open. I think Banks just might end up being a good hire.
Secondary has to be fixed quick for SEC play specifically our safeties. Need to find guys who want to actually be near the ball

Reactions: tnvols72
Looking at that weeks schedule what time slot do yall think we get for the Ole Miss game? Fingers crossed for night one but there are some other good games going on in the league so who knows.

Serious question not being a smarty here. For how long? That's the tricky part. You think if he starts at UF and does the same thing he gets pulled and we just ride with Hooker or Bailey? In that order I am sure lol I just don't want the same to happen as last year and yes I know your going to say CH knows better but unfortunately we want know that until it happens. I am backing CH. I so want him to be successful.
The problem with JG wasn’t that they kept sending him back out there…. It’s bc they didn’t do a better job recruiting/ developing QBs…. Before everyone gets upset, I’m not talking about Bailey….. Bailey was a true freshman that didn’t get to practice and didn’t need to be out there until he was bc it could have ruined him…. Shrout both are lower rated qbs over the course of their career and have much higher int% at 7% while JG worse season was at 3%…. Everyone that saw practice stated that JG was way above those two and the stats proved that to be correct… That being said, he still should have been pulled when he started imploding.

As for our qbs…… Joe Milton is the only guy that can run the entire offense but he has to start proving he can hit the deep ball….. Hooker can run and complete short passes but does not look like he can stretch the field…. With Bailey…. It negatively effects our run game bc he is not threat….. he can’t run many of the plays like RPO’s and has struggled in practice with the deep passing game.

As for Bailey…. It doesn’t mean he won’t ever be a fantastic qb…..Joe Burrow wasn’t a great QB until his redshirt senior season and Josh Dobbs wasn’t the stud we remember till late in his sophomore year/junior season.

I get it but all three of them have work to do….. Milton is the only guy that has the potential to run the offense the way zjH wants it run so I’m not sure when he will be ready for a change…. It’s a tough choice…. Does JH believe Milton can get it righ and how much faith does he have in the other two?
It's just soooo freakin frustrating..😒

And post it over and over and over again. Don’t think anyone has said JM III has played well but he could be the best we have. Spare me your HB rant that will be your response.
Lol..I'm responding to someone, if you don't like it, then don't read it...that is so f'n simple, even a dumbass can figure it out, or even better, you could just ignore me 🤷‍♂️ either way I don't give a runny 💩 what you think.

Have a nice day..🙋‍♂️

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back