Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heupel on Vol Calls - Hooker and Bailey have both had a good week of practice - Milton moved around a bit more today but apparently not at 100% yet.

Hubbs asked what Heupel liked about his QBs on Saturday. Heupel said they did some things with their legs. He didn't say anything at all about their passing.

More from Heupel:

Tiyon & Jabari not completely cleared yet for Saturday. Not being coy. They're moving around some but not guaranteed to play.

Cooper is making progress, not completely cleared, might not be the best thing to play him this week.

Will know more about Hyatt maybe by the end of the week.

Bob asked what does he do if he doesn't have certain players back? Is it next man up?

Heupel says it's only Wednesday, Bob. The most important meetings yet to happen are the meetings with the trainers.

Golesh comes on after Heupel and Bob asks him about Milton and Hooker. Alex says he likes Milton, work in progress, because he knows and understands the system. He says Hendon brings a savvy, calmness, and cool demeanor. He stressed Hooker's status as a vet. He suggested Milton needs to learn how to better prepare if he wants to improve his performance. Golesh reminded Bob that Milton wasn't here for the spring and has only had around 30 practices so far. He seem to be suggesting that Milton wasn't ready yet but I'm almost sure that wasn't his intention. jmo.

I think Hooker likely starts Saturday and we may get to see some of our other running backs. I suspect they're going to try to get a lot of guys that are banged up as much back to full health as possible before heading to the swamp. jmo.
I agree with you, we’ve got a lesser opponent this weekend, smart move imo lay up and get healthy. Gonna need all hands on deck in the swamp

Heupel on Vol Calls - Hooker and Bailey have both had a good week of practice - Milton moved around a bit more today but apparently not at 100% yet.

Hubbs asked what Heupel liked about his QBs on Saturday. Heupel said they did some things with their legs. He didn't say anything at all about their passing.

More from Heupel:

Tiyon & Jabari not completely cleared yet for Saturday. Not being coy. They're moving around some but not guaranteed to play.

Cooper is making progress, not completely cleared, might not be the best thing to play him this week.

Bob asked what does he do if he doesn't have certain players back? Is it next man up?

Heupel says it's only Wednesday, Bob. The most important meetings yet to happen are the meetings with the trainers.

Golesh comes on after Heupel and Bob asks him about Milton and Hooker. Alex says he likes Milton, work in progress, because he knows and understands the system. He says Hendon brings a savvy, calmness, and cool demeanor. He stressed Hooker's status as a vet. He suggested Milton needs to learn how to better prepare if he wants to improve his performance. Golesh reminded Bob that Milton wasn't here for the spring and has only had around 30 practices so far. He seem to be suggesting that Milton wasn't ready yet but I'm almost sure that wasn't his intention. jmo.

I think Hooker likely starts Saturday and we may get to see some of our other running backs. I suspect they're going to try to get a lot of guys that are banged up as much back to full health as possible before heading to the swamp. jmo.
A lot of that makes sense. Milton hasnt had a ton of snaps. No sense in pushing it, on any injured player.

Listened to AP and Swain today. Coupla ninkempoops, but, Swain knows some football. We were 7 men down, incl starting QB. Had 130 yrds in penalties. Missed 5 open TD's, Still almost tied game. They saw improvement.

At beginning of season all of us just wanted to see closer games. Truth is, none of us have seen WR's, or TE's running wide open like that in years. That has to account for something.

I think Bailey and Hooker need to play Sat

Fixed it for you...Milton sucks on the field...you know..where it f'n matters.
Honestly just want to win. I dont think its just nerves to miss open receivers that badly.

If your OC says you arent preparing enough for games, doesnt matter how talented you are. Cam Newton is a once every generational talent, you aint him. You arent gonna start.

More from Heupel:

If tiyon is cleared I would play him. I would sit small. Wright and at least one of Whitehead/Beckwith need carries. Hopefully both because you have to see what they give you in a game.

If Hyatt can play I’d play him. He needs to get out of his head before swamp but the way he got hurt I’d be surprised if he played.

I would not play Cooper. Id get a lead ASAP and take Cade out.

Need to get 2nd group of DBs run and someone else besides page as 4th LB such as someone that actually will still be here next year.

Honestly just want to win. I dont think its just nerves to miss open receivers that badly.

If your OC says you arent preparing enough for games, doesnt matter how talented you are. Cam Newton is a once every generational talent, you aint him. You arent gonna start.
For whatever reason Milton has always sucked on the field when it came to accuracy and seeing the field. Maybe it is adrenaline, or thinking too much, ir some of both..but for whatever reason he has never been an accurate QB, and he has never had good vision.

Reactions: VolNash17
He has not done great…. I trust JH to know when to move to the next guy….. it’s really that simple.
I know JH will figure it out, I trust him long term, I know he is a good offensive coach...but how long till he takes off the blinders when it comes to Milton?

You know both can be true..right? That you can think Heupel is a good coach and support him, but think he is dead wrong about Milton?

Look Beastie...I hope Milton's light comes on and he blows up...but there is no freakin way I would bet $10 dollars on it happening, much less my career. Fair or not...this fanbase is raw as raw gets...we have had horrid decision after horrid decision for a decade and a half...we have watched JG eviscerate this program from the inside with his play for the last four years..

All we want is to see good play at that position and Milton is playing crappy...a lot of us can't take it anymore..

I don't know about that. From all reports, JG was a great teammate. I don't think that they would try to get him hurt, even if the coaching was as awful as it was.
Must be forgetting when he was sacked and the lineman walked by w/o helping him up, I believe the Mays brothers were giving each other high fives. Had this board up in arms. Don’t recall which game…

Reactions: drvenner
I know JH will figure it out, I trust him long term, I know he is a good offensive coach...but how long till he takes off the blinders when it comes to Milton?

You know both can be true..right? That you can think Heupel is a good coach and support him, but think he is dead wrong about Milton?

Look Beastie...I hope Milton's light comes on and he blows up...but there is no freakin way I would bet $10 dollars on it happening, much less my career. Fair or not...this fanbase is raw as raw gets...we have had horrid decision after horrid decision for a decade and a half...we have watched JG eviscerate this program from the inside with his play for the last four years..

All we want is to see good play at that position and Milton is playing crappy...a lot of us can't take it anymore..
Blinders? He’s played a game and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back