Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did. One of the reasons some of the Bootheel land is so good for agriculture. Some of that great land is located in the previous riverbed. The other major reason is the sandy loam soil that was created in the "explosion" as already posted. If you know where Bragg City, MO is - the western edge of the river was there according to most all folks who live there.

People who have not experienced an earthquake have no idea. My first one was when I was in college in NE Ark, which was right on the fault line. Just a 4.5 - but was centered around Manila, AR. Was living in a rented trailer in a park near campus. The thud and shake hit and my first thought was where do I go? Well, not outside between the trailers, that was for sure because they weren't anchored. lol. So I just sat there and watched the dishes and cups fall out of the cabinets. I remember my legs felt like jelly - the blood rushed out of them such that I could barely stand. Scared shizless. Since then I went through a bigger one in Cali while on business and knew more what to expect.

When, not if, the next New Madrid massive earthquake hits, it will changed things dramatically. That fault line is a monster.
@SoilVol 👇🏻
563D5700-B450-4AA8-A500-322A0CAE2550.jpeg

No UT players were ever forced to leave because of the investigation..

There's proof that Heupel even tried retaining kids that were recruited by Niedermeyer, or were rumored to be paid.

The NCAA never mandated punishment to players, nor were they ever questioned about their involvement.

All they wanted was the coaches involved. Mainly to get Pruitt out.

Eric Gray would have stayed at Tennessee, if Heupel retained Jay Graham..

He refused to retain Graham..

Graham still trains Gray in the offseason, that's why he chose a HS coaching job in TN, instead of joining Alabama's staff as ST coordinator and TE coach.

He turned down the RB coaching position that Gillespie took, because Danny White had assured Graham that himself, Garner, and Steele would be retained.

Which was lies.. Heupel didn't want any of them, and was forced to hire Garner.
LOL, thanks Jeremy.

Are all elite soccer players in the premier league? Are there any in the MLS?
They are all over the world in different leagues, Bundesliga, whatever the French and Italian leagues are called, can't remember the Spanish league name either. Not sure if there are any elite leagues in South or Central America.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Projected value of rookie deals for Tennessee’s Day 3 NFL Draft picks

According to financial figures from Over The Cap, the total value of the four-year rookie deals for all three players are north of $3.8 million with six-figure guaranteed signing bonuses.

Butler, as the 175th overall pick by Las Vegas, has a total contract value of $3,976,628 with a signing bonus worth $316,628. The 199th overall pick, Mays, who is headed to Carolina, has a total contract value of $3,863,748 with a signing bonus worth $203,748. Jackson, the Nashville native selected by the hometown Titans at No. 204 overall, has a total contract value of $3,852,452 and guaranteed signing bonus worth $192,452.

Adding those contract values and signing bonuses to the projected figures for second-round pick Alontae Taylor ($7,794,398 contract, $2,848,652 signing bonus) and third-round pick Velus Jones Jr. ($5,676,818 contract, $1,308,596 signing bonus), Tennessee’s five drafted players are slated to take home potentially up to $25.1 in salary including more than $4.87 million guaranteed in signing bonuses.

Butler endured a Tennessee career spanning three head coaches that saw him play for four different defensive coordinators and five different positions coaches, but he played his best season with the Vols on their defensive line in 2021, totaling 47 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and five sacks — all career-highs. He was top-10 among SEC defensive lineman in run defense according to Pro Football Focus and played nearly 56 snaps per game to top the conference at his position. He is the ninth Tennessee player drafted by the Raiders and first since tight end Mychal Rivera in 2013.

Mays was an All-SEC selection as Tennessee’s starting right tackle in 2021, the former five-star prospect and Knoxville native finishing his career with two seasons with the Vols after playing his first two seasons at Georgia. He showed with the two SEC East programs that he could play anywhere across the offensive line with guard his likeliest home in the NFL. Mays, who allowed just one sack on 493 snaps in 2021, is the fourth Vol drafted by the Panthers.

Jackson wasn’t invited to either the Reese’s Senior Bowl or the NFL Scouting Combine, but impressed the hometown Titans at Tennessee’s Pro Day and their Pro Day for local prospects to be picked when no seven-round mock drafts had him getting selected. He earned his NFL chance with a senior-season renaissance, earning All-SEC honors after leading SEC defensive backs in tackles for loss (nine) and ranking second in the league in pass breakups (12). The Titans have drafted 11 Vols and Jackson is the franchise’s first since Justin Hunter in 2013.

Like many of you, this site has become a part of my everyday life. I created this account as a teenager and check it when I wake up, ten times (or more) throughout the day, and one last time before bed every night. Was fortunate enough to attend and graduate from UT for four years and I still remember being in awe the first time as a freshman when I could read Volnation and look up and look out my Geology class’ window and see Neyland sitting on the river all at the same time. This is a place I’ve shared time with through the highs and lows of life, and I’m lucky enough to be blessed to say that I just received the best news a man could receive: I’m going to be a dad! So excited to finally be able to say that myself after seeing so many blessed with the same gift through my 10+ years on this site! It doesn’t even feel real yet!

This is such a special community with so many great morans! Thank you all for the countless laughs! Here’s to a NCAA DI Baseball National Title this spring and double-digit win football season this fall. GBO!

Like many of you, this site has become a part of my everyday life. I created this account as a teenager and check it when I wake up, ten times (or more) throughout the day, and one last time before bed every night. Was fortunate enough to attend and graduate from UT for four years and I still remember being in awe the first time as a freshman when I could read Volnation and look up and look out my Geology class’ window and see Neyland sitting on the river all at the same time. This is a place I’ve shared time with through the highs and lows of life, and I’m lucky enough to be blessed to say that I just received the best news a man could receive: I’m going to be a dad! So excited to finally be able to say that myself after seeing so many blessed with the same gift through my 10+ years on this site! It doesn’t even feel real yet!

This is such a special community with so many great morans! Thank you all for the countless laughs! Here’s to a NCAA DI Baseball National Title this spring and double-digit win football season this fall. GBO!

Congrats! Good stuff. Enjoy the journey.

Congratulations!!! 🧡🧡🧡

Hit me in the feels, man! That brought back memories of looking out Ayres Hall toward the stadium on a Friday just salivating at the thought of game day.

Being a dad is the hardest and best thing a man can do! Raise ‘em up right!

Lastly, as @nicksjuzunk would say… congrats on the sex 🥳

Congratulations!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back