Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny no other running back sniffed his stats behind same epic OL. Not Sherman Williams…Curvin Richards…Derric Lassic? It was a group of worker bees other than Erik Williams (before his car wreck) and later on during that run Larry Allen. As a Bears fan and Walter Payton worshipper, I had no great love for Emmitt. Like Bruce Smith, I think he would have chased that record until his legs atrophied. But he was gifted and knew how to utilize that line and he had a HC that was smart enough to focus his team around his future HOF RB and the defense. They don’t win a SB without him. My BIL is a Cowboys lifer and was stationed in Pensacola while Smith was starring at Escambia. We both predicted he’d fail at Florida…dominated. Then doubled down when Jimmy traded up to get him for the Cowboys. He shut everybody up but time has a way of creating second guessers. This guy would have been great wherever he went. If he had been in Detroit, THAT OL would have been lauded as one of the greatest of all time instead of a beneficiary of Barry Sanders.
I am a Steelers fan and not a cowboys fan, but Emmitt had great vision for a running back. He knew where to run every time. He did all the little things right and broke arm tackles which is why he is one of the greatest ever. Wasn’t the fastest or shiftiest, but he knew how to use the OL and I never remember him getting tackled for a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back