Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...there is good solid talent and there is transcendent talent..

Nothing against Moore, you're absolutely right about him...but he ain't no where near the talent or threat that Burke is...period.

Burke is like Luc- he struggles against left handed pitching. The stat before last night is he has 10 of 11 HR’s against righties. That’s why they play Moore in most lefty spots.

It’s like when Israel would throw away the pen after they wrote the word YAHWEH. It’s was considered no longer capable of writing anything better.
A bit of a tangent, but my soon to be BIL is Jewish and was telling me all about the Hasidic groups in NY (Burroughs Park) and Israel. They're very interesting and very different. The men tend to not work and only study the Torah. The women take care of their many, many children. In Israel they're 25% of the population but make up nearly all welfare recipients. In fact, the "poorest" city in America (based on welfare rate) is an all-Orthodox Jewish town up in New York (Kiryas Joel, NY). They're even further orthodox than Hasidic and are called Satmars. They're even anti-zionists. Unlike the general Jewish population in the US, they are highly Republican, supported Trump, etc though they tend to be highly secluded and anti-secular state in general (partly explaining the anti-zionism). They all have "huts" built onto their balconies and they literally live in them during their week-long Sukkot celebration. Their schools (private) hardly teach basic education and are almost entirely focused on the Torah, so many people come out of school lacking in basic education and worldly knowledge. They rarely use the internet. Arranged marriages.

Lots of interesting things about the orthodox community that I can't possibly fit here or remember.

The whole orthodox community is a big rabbit hole if you start exploring it. There are also some fictional shows and documentaries about people that leave the community, as they are basically shunned.

This is a nice video exploring Burrough Park. It's almost like stepping into an urban Israeli city.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
*TV producers and conferences creating the schedules*

“How much time should we space out these baseball games for viewing on our channel?”

“Well the average baseball game lasts about 3 hours and 45 minutes but there was this one time a game ended in 2 hours and 57 minutes earlier this year.”

“Ok so we should probably be safe and space them out about 4 hours so fans of the second game can see the entire game.”

“Alright perfect so let’s schedule the second game to start exactly 3 hours after the first one starts.”

*TV producers and conferences creating the schedules*

“How much time should we space out these baseball games for viewing on our channel?”

“Well the average baseball game lasts about 3 hours and 45 minutes but there was this one time a game ended in 2 hours and 57 minutes earlier this year.”

“Ok so we should probably be safe and space them out about 4 hours so fans of the second game can see the entire game.”

“Alright perfect so let’s schedule the second game to start exactly 3 hours after the first one starts.”

This has been happening for years. ESPN will pack in a bunch of football games in a Saturday and schedule them 3 hours a part. When is the last time a college football game has lasted 3 hours? Ok…maybe the boring Big Ten. But they don’t care; they just keep scheduling that way.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Burke is like Luc- he struggles against left handed pitching. The stat before last night is he has 10 of 11 HR’s against righties. That’s why they play Moore in most lefty spots.
He doesn't hit many homers against lefties because he rarely gets the chance. That stat is therefore not a good indicator.

He has to start getting a lot of ABs against lefties to get comfortable.

I am a Steelers fan and not a cowboys fan, but Emmitt had great vision for a running back. He knew where to run every time. He did all the little things right and broke arm tackles which is why he is one of the greatest ever. Wasn’t the fastest or shiftiest, but he knew how to use the OL and I never remember him getting tackled for a loss.
Good post in response, I also don’t think you can under estimate his heart, that game against the giants with a separated shoulder comes to mind. I think Emmitt, like Jerry Rice has heart and work ethic that makes their teammates follow their lead.

Last edited:
He doesn't hit many homers against lefties because he rarely gets the chance. That stat is therefore not a good indicator.

He has to start getting a lot of ABs against lefties to get comfortable.

But its not like the coaches have rarely seen him hit against lefties. These guys have hit thousands of balls in the fall, in practice, and throughout the season. I’m sure they look at numbers and Burke and Moore together have 22 HR’s by playing the matchups.

I am a Steelers fan and not a cowboys fan, but Emmitt had great vision for a running back. He knew where to run every time. He did all the little things right and broke arm tackles which is why he is one of the greatest ever. Wasn’t the fastest or shiftiest, but he knew how to use the OL and I never remember him getting tackled for a loss.
And when he had a contract hold out Dallas started 0-2 that year. Came back and they still won the super bowl.

Ok...there is good solid talent and there is transcendent talent..

Nothing against Moore, you're absolutely right about him...but he ain't no where near the talent or threat that Burke is...period.
Period is a pretty strong word. I agree that Burke needs more AB. TV will manage him very well and get him plenty of opportunities.

Strong self will has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is fact an act of pure surrender to a power greater than yourself. I take zero credit for my redemption. I tried on my own and failed totally and miserably.
True that my friend!!!!!!!

Amen. Living testimony

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back