Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surpasses Barry? Good grief man. Sanders was a much better RB. And Barry would have set records in Dallas that likely would never be broken. Yes Emmit earned everything he got. But the fact is he benefitted from a great team and coach. That is not a knock on him by any means.
It's what I said. Didn't cobble together this take TODAY. Been forming it since it was happening in the early 90's. Not interested in changing your vote on greatest RB of all time. Hell, I'm not even placing that title on Emmitt myself. Maybe 4th on my personal list but I was practically begged to differ on this one with the lazy narrative that this juggernaut OL would've placed any decent running back at Emmitt's level. Yes he benefitted from Jimmy building a team that used his gifts to bludgeon opponents on the way to 3 titles. But Jimmy got guys that did what he asked and needed...or he would've found somebody else. He was a suped up version of Bill Parcells in that respect. and like Parcells he knew how to surround his irreplaceable player (Lawrence Taylor) with working parts that didn't work as great anywhere else. Sanders is your guy...roll with that. Me pointing out lazy narratives doesn't change that one iota.

I really need to find this UT hat they are wearing. Anyone had any luck finding that exact hat? I’ve found some variations but not the exact same dark mode hat.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Don't give em an inch!
giphy.gif

It's what I said. Didn't cobble together this take TODAY. Been forming it since it was happening in the early 90's. Not interested in changing your vote on greatest RB of all time. Hell, I'm not even placing that title on Emmitt myself. Maybe 4th on my personal list but I was practically begged to differ on this one with the lazy narrative that this juggernaut OL would've placed any decent running back at Emmitt's level. Yes he benefitted from Jimmy building a team that used his gifts to bludgeon opponents on the way to 3 titles. But Jimmy got guys that did what he asked and needed...or he would've found somebody else. He was a suped up version of Bill Parcells in that respect. and like Parcells he knew how to surround his irreplaceable player (Lawrence Taylor) with working parts that didn't work as great anywhere else. Sanders is your guy...roll with that. Me pointing out lazy narratives doesn't change that one iota.
I don’t like either player….. Emmitt bc I hate Dallas and Barry bc I have several Michigan friends so I hate everything related to Michigan… I agree with you Barry was a homerun hitter but he also hurt the Lions bc of all the negative yardage plays he had…. It’s the reason they replaced him when they got near the end zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back