Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude it sucks so bad. I was raised a Raiders fan because my family is from CA.. Started following sports heavily as a 12 year old loving that core 2000-2002 team with Garner, Gannon, Brown, Rice, Romo, the Woodsons..

Watched the first preseason win last year with Gruden back as coach and Gannon being the color commentator with my dad and it was so wholesome.

But with them moving to Vegas, my dad and uncle are both like, I don't know this team anymore. And sad to say, I'm with them.

The Titans have always been 1b, but now it's safe to say they're the clear favorite and the Raiders are just gonna be that team I casually root for without caring too much if they lose. The Raiders have just strayed so far from the team that I loved, even as they had their Detroit/Cleveland-like decade of misery.
Exactly. I am quite a bit older than you but I grew up in the 70s and loved Stabler, Branch, Biletnikov, Willie Brown, Lester Hayes, Mark Van Eeghen, Clarence Davis, and many more. There was a true pursuit of excellence. Now, I'm really apathetic. When they move to Las Vegas, I will probably lose even casual interest. It's sad.

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
Is it safe in here yet after another three star commitment?

I think the current RF motto is, "He's not been properly evaluated yet."

Personally, I've gotten to where I just don't care about star ratings anymore. I'm going to trust the coaches and their evaluations when it comes to recruiting. Any angst and outrage will come from what I see on the field.

Personally, I've gotten to where I just don't care about star ratings anymore. I'm going to trust the coaches and their evaluations when it comes to recruiting. Any angst and outrage will come from what I see on the field.
I am with you.

Well when you see a guy get bumped 200 spots just for committing to us multiple times, it tells you the sites haven't evaluated him yet and are just following certain coaches reputations at this point in the cycle. Not a terrible plan to be honest. But shows how useless some of the early rankings are.

Reactions: chargervol
Well when you see a guy get bumped 200 spots just for committing to us multiple times, it tells you the sites haven't evaluated him yet and are just following certain coaches reputations at this point in the cycle. Not a terrible plan to be honest. But shows how useless some of the early rankings are.
That's fine. I'm just of the mind that I don't care anymore what the recruiting services say. I'm going to trust the coaches to evaluate the players. The most important thing to me is winning on the field. Whether it be with 5 star players or 3 star players or no star players, as long as we get it done on the field, I'll be okay with wherever we end up in the recruiting rankings.

After much consideration, I have decided to decommit as an Oakland Raiders fan and take my allegiance to the Indianapolis Colts. Incognito and Burfict is more than I can stomach. #nointerviews #respectmydecision.

Completely understand. As a longtime Raider fan, I almost quit them as well. The Mack trade (favorite player since Gannon, Garner, Brown years), Carr's regression with Gruden last year (dump off city, looked scared), the beating of Derek Carr last year with a horrendous o-line, leaving Oakland and the firing of Greg Papa as their radio guy. The Papa thing hit me hard as I feel like he is near John Ward levels of one of the best radio guys ever and being on the East Coast and the team generally sucking, radio was my only avenue for years and years to catch the game and he was great. They replace him with Brent freaking Musberger, a Vol hater. I could be wrong but I hate his calls because I just expect him to tell me how much my team sucks and how great the other team is- could be wrong, but no Musberger for me.

But I am still with them for better or worse, maybe I am a sucker. Ha. But I totally respect your decision. I hope incognito does not make the team. He will be 36 at start of season, no way he makes it through a whole NFL season at that age on the O line.

The colts were my favorite team for awhile, of course, Peyton was the reason. You could do worse than them for sure.

Reactions: drvenner
And @Catbone
If you suffer from depression, stuff like this is gonna hit harder. I believe you said that you had never lost anyone before. Do take your time to grieve but try to find something that requires a lot of focus, in between.
Maybe jump ahead in your tech studies etc.. anything that truly occupies your mind as a break from tougher issues.
And pray.

And @Catbone
If you suffer from depression, stuff like this is gonna hit harder. I believe you said that you had never lost anyone before. Do take your time to grieve but try to find something that requires a lot of focus, in between.
Maybe jump ahead in your tech studies etc.. anything that truly occupies your mind as a break from tougher issues.

Really good advice.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back