Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the books, I really liked On Her Majesty's Secret Service because it got it a side of Bond that you didn't really see in the other books. The Spy Who Loved Me is another favorite. For movies, it'd probably be one of the Sean Connery ones, before all the gadgets. Dr. No or From Russia with Love maybe.
Is Secret Service the one where
his wife dies?

If this is "political," mods please move. I am trying to understand why the US Women's National soccer team is suing because of a "pay gap." I have read this article: Breaking it down: What exactly is the gap in pay between USWNT and USMNT players?

and it explains it some. However, if their pay is based upon their own Collective Bargaining Agreement, how is that anyone's fault except their own? With regards to how FIFA distributes the prize money, I am sure some if it based upon the revenue generated by the event. I have not looked at the numbers, but I am guessing that attendance and TV ratings for the men's World Cup are higher. That seems to lead to a market value distribution of the funds generated. Am I missing something here?

OK, good grief people, if the producer is following the book's storyline or rules, what the heck does it matter? I have no issues with a female 007 as long as the story is good.
It’s the tradition. Again, make a 008 or a 006 and cast a woman and no one cares. But Bond is a particular character with a history. I wanted them to cast Elba as bond. But casting a woman doesn’t make sense. The whole character has to change

It’s the tradition. Again, make a 008 or a 006 and cast a woman and no one cares. But Bond is a particular character with a history. I wanted them to cast Elba as bond. But casting a woman doesn’t make sense. The whole character has to change
But, 007 is not "James Bond." 007 is 007. James Bond is 007, but anyone else can be him if he retires or dies.

Reactions: BlackLabelVols
Well, the 007 switch was predictable. African-Americans are the fastest-growing movie demo and getting the female audience is how you build a blockbuster. So-- a Black female 007. Look for an Asian sidekick, since that's another "it" demo. Follow the money. Always.

But, 007 is not "James Bond." 007 is 007. James Bond is 007, but anyone else can be him if he retires or dies.
After using 007 for every lead change, if they suddenly altered just because it's a female, the screams of "so you're saying separate but equal" would be deafening.

The movies until now have been "Bond" movies, not "007" movies. It is a significant risk to the franchise to kill Bond off, but it seems like the only way.
Great point here.
I do agree with this. The only realistic way is to have him killed or retired for his number to be open. That makes no sense.

Reactions: drvenner

Would love to see Idris Elba as Bond.

Where do you put Black Widow (ScarJo) and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot)? Easily my two favorite female heroes.

I am in the small minority that thinks Gal is highly overrated. Lynda Carter was 10 times hotter. ScarJo is ok, nothing great. I'd say Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique or Elizabeth Olson as the Scarlett Witch are both hotter but I haven't seen Captain Marvel.

I am in the small minority that thinks Gal is highly overrated. Lynda Carter was 10 times hotter. ScarJo is ok, nothing great. I'd say Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique or Elizabeth Olson as the Scarlett Witch are both hotter but I haven't seen Captain Marvel.

Lynda Carter was smoking. I would put all of those in roughly the same category though (except LC), attractive but approachable. I like ScarJo less for how she looks than how she plays the character. Not a big fan of Captain Marvel. I enjoyed it, but there is just something about Brie Larson I don't love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back