Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the 007 switch was predictable. African-Americans are the fastest-growing movie demo and getting the female audience is how you build a blockbuster. So-- a Black female 007. Look for an Asian sidekick, since that's another "it" demo. Follow the money. Always.

I love the James Bond movies but Unfortunately I don’t see myself watching them again after the latest news. Gonna be a huge success just like the female ghostbusters lol

The article I read today says the English gal that was a fighter pilot in Captain Marvel is the new 007 but not the new bond. Apparently, this is what happens in the next Bond Film with Daniel Craig. He is called out of retirement and is introduced to her being the new 007 agent that took his place.

Bond is alive and well, just not his distinction.

So, my interest in making predictive models is that it seems every year teams get pumped up by a few talking heads, and most media has little else to do but repeat and discuss the things a few folks said the day before. It’s basically swarm behavior. That swarm behavior affects how casual bettors evaluate where to place their money.

If you come up with a decent model, then you should be able to wreck fools on the season total wins and first week scores, where you’re picking based on data and most everyone else is listening to talking heads.

This is why I spend more time reading Chatt’s posts than what most of the media writes this time of year. He’s doing what they should be doing - combing through the data and looking for patterns.

💯

I am in the small minority that thinks Gal is highly overrated. Lynda Carter was 10 times hotter. ScarJo is ok, nothing great. I'd say Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique or Elizabeth Olson as the Scarlett Witch are both hotter but I haven't seen Captain Marvel.

elizabeth-olsen-in-white-blazer-with-line-detail-photo-u1

The article I read today says the English gal that was a fighter pilot in Captain Marvel is the new 007 but not the new bond. Apparently, this is what happens in the next Bond Film with Daniel Craig. He is called out of retirement and is introduced to her being the new 007 agent that took his place.

Once again. Change the number and stop trying to replace

Just scanned the article. Black, female, and immune to Bond's advances (whispers LGBTQ)...a veritable trifecta. No predictions, but this should be interesting.

I am in the small minority that thinks Gal is highly overrated. Lynda Carter was 10 times hotter. ScarJo is ok, nothing great. I'd say Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique or Elizabeth Olson as the Scarlett Witch are both hotter but I haven't seen Captain Marvel.

I'm gonna say compliments Gal receives are well justified. When it comes to Mystique, I'm gonna cast my vote for Rebecca Romijn over Lawrence.

As for overrated gals, Kate Upton never really appealed to my eye. Strange look to her midsection. Personally, I like a more athletic cut.

So, my interest in making predictive models is that it seems every year teams get pumped up by a few talking heads, and most media has little else to do but repeat and discuss the things a few folks said the day before. It’s basically swarm behavior. That swarm behavior affects how casual bettors evaluate where to place their money.

If you come up with a decent model, then you should be able to wreck fools on the season total wins and first week scores, where you’re picking based on data and most everyone else is listening to talking heads.

This is why I spend more time reading Chatt’s posts than what most of the media writes this time of year. He’s doing what they should be doing - combing through the data and looking for patterns.

Shamefully, so few of them were either taught or have taken their own time to dive into statistics. They are also stuck to old school box stats and arbitrary milestones. They keep talking about things like "Total Defense" and obssessed with 1,000 yard rushers, when most any serious students of the game these days have moved light years beyond these silly metrics of success.

Reactions: RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back