Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t fine back and rewatched the games, but my impression thus far has been that the OL’s struggles have mostly been in mental mistakes and missed assignments. Still not great, but at least it’s correctable. If they can get to the point where they’re all getting the correct assignment, we may be ok up front.

This year shouldn’t be like 2014 where even when guys got their assignments they all got their asses handed to them.
The coaching staff doesn't wait till they watch the film. They are coaching them in game. I saw Ryan Johnson made a mistake and Pruitt was all over him when he came to the sideline. It will get corrected . Sometimes that means in game and that was lacking with the last staff.Imo

I just watched Pruitt's show. It wasn't as bad as it was described. He is just blunt and no nonsense. Wants improvement every week. I actually liked it very much.
His responses on the post game interview we’re equally dry:
Kesling: “No turnovers and only 3 penalties is a pretty clean game, right coach?”

Pruitt: “We don’t need any penalties.”

Kesling: “So you have to admit they played a relatively clean game, right”

Pruitt: “We still have a lot of mistakes to correct.”

The coaching staff doesn't wait till they watch the film. They are coaching them in game. I saw Ryan Johnson made a mistake and Pruitt was all over him when he came to the sideline. It will get corrected . Sometimes that means in game and that was lacking with the last staff.Imo

Yeah I’m just hoping we can get settled in on 5 this week and let them start to gel together. Getting some continuity together should help them, IMO.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Agree with most everything except your "this Ol is not that bad" take. They are awful until they ain't no mo...imo.

Not much I can disagree with there. :). I think we have another week to hone in on the top 5 combo and then it will be put up or shut up time. The only guy that physically out matched our guys for a quarter was Bigelow of WVU against Kennedy. When they changed the blocking assignments our G's physically matched up fine. They still missed assignments, but it wasn't physicality. Kennedy is now out, so they had to reshuffle to deck and see who can handle the jobs and which combination worked best. IMO, that will happen again this week to make sure.

Reactions: LaagerVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back