Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for which ever coach follows Saban. The chances of them finding Saban 2.0 are .00000000000000001. Their fans will hate him and call for him to fired when he doesn’t win the championship every year
I don't feel bad for any Alabama coach, fan or player (outside of being injured) ever.

Let them enjoy it. 31 years of frustration is a long time. They're going to think they're world-beaters, and then someone will bring them down. I just try to enjoy our high points as long as I can.
I’m happy for em as well. They were saying how USC needs to beef up their line if they want to play with good teams like Kentucky. I thought it was funny. Lord knows, I would love to see them beat USC again as well, but I thought it was a bold statement.

Reactions: drvenner
So we have UTEP, UF has Co St. are we in 2 week UF prep mode?
Co St with a big win over Arkansas are gonna come to play, can't see them over looking them much.

Co St with a big win over Arkansas are gonna come to play, can't see them over looking them much.

I doubt we'll be specifically prepping for Florida. We're probably just going to keep on chugging along shoring up as much as we possibly can, and we'll gameplan for Florida when there's that much more tape available on them. Gotta mind our own house before we start licking our chops.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch

For the players, probably not. But I would imagine all the analysts and support staff will have moved to breaking down UF film by tomorrow

USC was in a much different place making that hire than Alabama will be.

No way to know this.

We can pretend that Saban will retire off into the sunset, but will it look like Beamer or will it look like Spurrier? Or will he go out in disgrace when the NCAA notices 20 year old backlog of athletes having brand new Cameros and Chargers? I don't think we can assume anything with the way the world works now.

Reactions: Brillovol
For the players, probably not. But I would imagine all the analysts and support staff will have moved to breaking down UF film by tomorrow

Not if they don't have their starting CB and if they wind up benching Franks after a terrible CoSt game.

Seriously no point in gameplanning for Florida (or any other team) a week early. I don't doubt that they've got it circled on the calendar, but that doesn't mean they're rigorously watching game film.

I knew what he was talking about and it was odd. It was random, out of place...and odd.
Whatever..DD was a suck head coach. I guess I can agree it was odd and random, but it wasn't stupid. Ol Marv Levy was a likable guy that could crank out some odd highbrow stuff, so can Joe Maddon. Too bad Dools couldn't coach like those guys.

Following saban will be tons worse for the next guy than following bear bryant due to internet and social media. Not even close. Probably would be more difficult than following any coach ever. Alabama has nothing other than college football, trailer parks, and tinder hookups at family reunions. No pro sports. Nothing.

Last edited:
ZFsoKxm.gif
I’m not in a glass house...try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back