Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not butchna, but it truly warms my heart when longhorns are bad. They have some of the worst fans when they are winning. Very liberal, condescending and know nothing about football or their team when queried...when then team is losing, they are quiet, withdrawn and almost invisible. Makes texas a much better place to live...

Took a couple business trips to Austin this year.

I saw exactly one person wearing any Longhorns gear in about 5 days time there.

It was a 70+ year old man in a Longhorns trucker hat.

Didn’t see billboards or ads for football like you do in Knoxville. Nothing.

But on the contrary, I really liked the city and all the locals I interacted with. Beats the heck out of a lot of the garbage SEC towns like Gainesville.

He's just ridiculously whiny and thinks he's always the smartest person in the room (at least that's how it comes across).
Ok that is my assessment as well. He says he's not against Checker Neyland but his Titter timeline says different. And now he's trying to claim "Orange Out" is his idea. He's slowing creeping toward my block list.

Not sure what VQ has said about the "mystery" recruit, but they could be referring to a DB that the coaches have been after for a while. Not a name anyone's talking about, but someone we have a real shot at flipping.

You know something. This I know.

Reactions: volatil
How did Morris “turn down” the job that was never offered to him?

As many people that Currie was talking to, who the hell knows who else he talked to about the job. But I think we're talking semantics here--an AD doesn't gauge the interest of a coach whom they don't intend to at least interview for the job.

In summation, what difference does it make?

Not sure what VQ has said about the "mystery" recruit, but they could be referring to a DB that the coaches have been after for a while. Not a name anyone's talking about, but someone we have a real shot at flipping.
NWFDC1q.gif

So can someone give me the scoop on these possible transfers? Losing Sapp would sting.
Anyone that leaves won't sting. No starters or backups are going to leave. Only backups to the backups backup. When you sign 20-25 every class you need to process a handful each year in order to make room for the next incoming class.

Anyone that leaves won't sting. No starters or backups are going to leave. Only backups to the backups backup. When you sign 20-25 every class you need to process a handful each year in order to make room for the next incoming class.

The faster the roster turnover happens the better. Pruitt needs to be decisive and ruthless. It is what it is.

@LA Vol give some hints

I honestly don't know who Simonton is referring to or what he's said about that player. And I don't want to mess it up, because this guy keeps it low-profile. He has quietly visited UT a number of times. Under the radar, no drama. IDK where we are with him, other than he's always liked UT and wasn't coming here with Butch. But Butch is gone and he has a good relationship with Pruitt. Maybe he's Simonton's mystery guy and maybe not-- but we could use him.

The only one that would sting would be Gooden going pro. The rest of the non seniors or potential transfers are of no concern to me

As many people that Currie was talking to, who the hell knows who else he talked to about the job. But I think we're talking semantics here--an AD doesn't gauge the interest of a coach whom they don't intend to at least interview for the job.

In summation, what difference does it make?
They got Leach (who definitely didn’t turn us down) and Morris (who we interviewed TWICE but didn’t offer the job) on a list of coaches that turned us down. Words make a difference.

Reactions: chargervol
Not sure if it's been discussed but the Vol defense better batten down the hatches Saturday. No I'm not referring to the hurricane. I'm referring to Mike Canales. Offensive coordinator for UTEP.
We haven't really talked about Butch's former assistants but the fact they are landing at places like UTEP and not being snatched up by big programs says a lot.

Reactions: Sleegro
They got Leach (who definitely didn’t turn us down) and Morris (who we interviewed TWICE but didn’t offer the job) on a list of coaches that turned us down. Words make a difference.

Eh. IIRC (which I probably don't) I thought Morris accepted the Hogs job before we actually offered, hence why he wasn't offered. Gruden "supposedly" was never offered the job either but there he is in the article, nonetheless. Doesn't matter much to me either way...

I thought it was a decent article.

Reactions: VOLSanon and JCP201

Yep, except this year we only have 11-12 seniors so we need lose two handfuls

How did Morris “turn down” the job that was never offered to him?
Isn't true. I actually have first hand knowledge from the man himself lol. Ran into Morris a couple of months ago in Destin. Talked to him and a friend of his for a few minutes. Asked him if he interviewed for the Tennessee job and he said yes. He sat down with both Currie and Fulmer about the job. Said the Currie interview was "interesting" and that he talked for a long time with Phil, who he was complimentary of. The vibe I got was he wanted the Tennessee job, but Fulmer went a difference direction. Hope he does well at Arkansas though, was a really cool dude.

Last edited:
Eh. IIRC (which I probably don't) I thought Morris accepted the Hogs job before we actually offered, hence why he wasn't offered. Gruden "supposedly" was never offered the job either but there he is in the article, nonetheless. Doesn't matter much to me either way...

I thought it was a decent article.
Currie interviewed him in Dallas same weekend as Gundy...no offer. Fulmer interviewed him before paring it down to Pruitt, Tucker and Steele. I feel the article was a waste of my last free one from the TFP.

Currie interviewed him in Dallas same weekend as Gundy...no offer. Fulmer interviewed him before paring it down to Pruitt, Tucker and Steele. I feel the article was a waste of my last free one from the TFP.
...and yet, here you are, wasting mine and everyone else's time, commenting about an article you didn't like.

...and yet, here you are, wasting mine and everyone else's time, commenting about an article you didn't like.
Got somewhere to be? Everyone else hanging on to every reaction to your championed article? Maybe posting is too taxing for you. 😎

Got somewhere to be? Everyone else hanging on to every reaction to your championed article? Maybe posting is too taxing for you. 😎
Simply pointing out that if you're going to be an a$$ to me, I'll throw it right back atcha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back