Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Yeah, who posted it or do you know post #?!
Josh Heupel was 7-5 his first year as OU's QB in 1999, after 12 years of being terrible.

The following year they started 4-0 before their first ranked match in a brutal stretch of 4 games vs #11 Texas. They won that game 63-14.

The following game they faced #2 Kansas State and won 41-31.

The very next game, they faced #1 Nebraska, a team they lost to by a score of 69-7 the last time they played. They won this time, 31-14 to become 7-0 on the year.

Two weeks later, they played and defeated #23 Texas A&M 35-31.

This sounds a whole lot like what's happening at UT right now. Finished last year 7-5 in the regular season. Start this year 4-0 and then face a brutal 4 game stretch of top 25 games, including battles with the #1, #2, #25 & #13 teams.

Could history repeat itself?

Heupel had meetings with his teammates after the 1st season, putting out his plan on how they are going to win each game and finish as National Champions. After the past 13 years as a mediocre or bad team, no one ever expected they would win a national title, but Heupel believed it and prepared for it, the same as he's doing here.

Heupel is also in his 2nd year as HC, the same as Stoops @ OU when they won the title back then.

*this is pretty much a synopsis of an article in "The Athletic". It's not word for word, just my interpretation of the article.

I don't get too worried about players being prepared to step up when needed under this staff. . .
Remember when. . . last year we had a back-up db have to play and he ended up player of the week?

*on a side note, I have misspelled "this" as "tgis" so many times that my phone now autocorrects this to tgis. . .

Last edited:
Hard to overstate how nightmarish of a loss this is. Only guy who would be worse to lose for this matchup would be Hendon.

Everyone just calmed down… I guarantee the coaching staff knew this was a possibility the last two weeks and we have a game plan in place to account for it. They are very experienced having the game plan around key players being injured. Chip with the TE, help with a running back, implement the running back screen game. Lots of ways to help.

It's still a planet, just not one of the "big 8". It's now considered a dwarf planet, along with about 100 other dwarf planets. Considering no one wants to teach kids 100+ planets, it is what it is.

Are dwarfs not people? They have all the inalienable rights of everyone else. Why should dwarf planets be persecuted? Free Pluto and all the dwarf planets!

the-water-boy-suck.gif

Everyone just calmed down… I guarantee the coaching staff knew this was a possibility the last two weeks and we have a game plan in place to account for it. They are very experienced having the game plan around key players being injured. Chip with the TE, help with a running back, implement the running back screen game. Lots of ways to help.

Would be nice to see more rb screen game. Only see it a time or two each game. We have such a vertical pass game that it almost always works.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol

Ummm no.

200w (8).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back