Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna log off for a bit and just watch some games, but my last thought for now is this. Enjoy this with those in your family who love the Vols as much as you do. After the game today, all I could think about is how much I wished my dad was still here to enjoy this with me. It always made it that much more special. I miss those days. So remember to make happy memories.

Definitely. ☹️

Well, well, well...brothers and sisters, as has been stated earlier, this is fun.

Hats off to the D this week, as they played better this week than they have all year long. BY FAR. We scored a few more points than I predicted, but they scored significantly less and, you know what, I'll allow it. I've been a Vol fan since birth...before, actually, as I was due to arrive on Oct. 21, 1972, but wasn't born until the 22nd. I refused to come into the world on a day when we were beaten by Alabama. It's been a long time since I was this confident in our team. I'm not quite to the point where I expect us to beat Alabama next week, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we can and that we'll be competitive to the final buzzer.

Enjoy it, my friends, the statement is always true, but especially sweet on days like this. I said, it's GREAT to be a Tennessee Vol!

Gonna log off for a bit and just watch some games, but my last thought for now is this. Enjoy this with those in your family who love the Vols as much as you do. After the game today, all I could think about is how much I wished my dad was still here to enjoy this with me. It always made it that much more special. I miss those days. So remember to make happy memories.

Definitely. I watched today with my father-in-law. I know a lot of people that have to endure their in-laws, but I hit the jackpot with both of mine. My wife's dad and mom are amazing people and make our lives immeasurably better. He has kidney cancer and it is slowly killing him. He only has 3/4 of a kidney left, 1/2 on one side and 1/4 on the other. He actually died twice on us in one night this past Feb., but they were able to bring him back both times. So, we're in bonus time now. I'm beyond thrilled that we've gotten to watch every game together this year (except Florida, which I watched with one of my best friends), and that the games have turned out the way they have.

I'm sorry your dad is no longer with you.

Definitely. I watched today with my father-in-law. I know a lot of people that have to endure their in-laws, but I hit the jackpot with both of mine. My wife's dad and mom are amazing people and make our lives immeasurably better. He has kidney cancer and it is slowly killing him. He only has 3/4 of a kidney left, 1/2 on one side and 1/4 on the other. He actually died twice on us in one night this past Feb., but they were able to bring him back both times. So, we're in bonus time now. I'm beyond thrilled that we've gotten to watch every game together this year (except Florida, which I watched with one of my best friends), and that the games have turned out the way they have.

I'm sorry your dad is no longer with you.

Lost my father-in-law in April 2011 he wasn’t a sports guy, but that’s a relationship that is something special when you earn their respect.

Cherish the time you have, mine went into the hospital and passed within weeks.

This guy deserves a huge shout out. This dude came up with that big time kick return fumble, and if you rewatch it, you'll see it was a hell of a catch between nearly being out of bounds and the returner absolutely punishing him with a hit at the same time. It was a heck of a play.

This kid decided to walk on as a Vol...has only gotten a few snaps in a few years on defense...but he's been entrusted with special team snaps.

He was thrown a huge opportunity in a huge game...on the road...and made the play. Gotta love it for a guy like that!Screenshot_20221008_174450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back