Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is a true story about self-tasering or not, but it is pretty dang funny. Long read, but worth it.

WARNING FOR ALL MALES FROM ME
Last weekend I saw something at The Gun Show that sparked my interest. I was looking for a little something different for my wife Dana. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Tazer.
The effects of the Tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety...??
WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home.. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Dana what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.
Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right?
There I sat in my recliner, my cat Leo looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.
I must admit I thought about zapping Leo (for a fraction of a second) and then thought better of it. He is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised.
Am I wrong?
So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a singlet with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and Tazer in another.
The directions said that:
a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant;
a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; and
a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.
Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.
All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference (loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries); pretty cute really, and thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'
What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.
I'm sitting there alone, the cat looking on with his head cocked to one side so as to say, 'Don't do it stupid,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny lil ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it.
I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and...
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. WHAT THE... !!!
I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs! The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.
Note:
If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a Tazer,
one note of caution:
There is NO such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor!
A three second burst would be considered conservative!
A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape.
· My bent reading glasses were on the top of the TV.
· The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was.
· My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching.
· My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs.
· I had no control over the drooling.
· Apparently I had crapped in my shorts, but was too numb to know for sure, and my sense of smell was gone.
· I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head, which I believe came from my hair.
I'm still looking for my testicles and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!
PS: My wife can't stop laughing about my experience, loved the gift and now regularly threatens me with it!

Don't get too mad but the Georgia gme is more important than the Bama game. Georgia game decides the East. Keep Tilman on the sideline until he's as close to 100% as possible for that Georgia game.
I’m not ready to give up my FL and AL hatred yet to move on to logic.

roww tide.png

Typical Alabama Fan

38 year-old grandfather of 6. He met his wife at the family reunion (see below).

As he is making love to his 2nd cousin (see above), aka his wife, he yells "Roll Tide Roll".

The only reason they call it Bama is because saying "Bama" with or without teeth sounds the same.

He owns 14 t-shirts, thirteen of which have to do with Alabama football.

The most important aspect of his life is that EVERYONE must know that Alabama is his favorite team at every moment of his life. He thinks about Bama football more than he thinks of sex. How do I proclaim my fandom to the world? he always ponders. His truck, his trailer, his clothes, his pets, his tattoos, his parole papers - all of them must include a reference to his Bama fandom.

As soon as he gets finished revealing his bowels in the morning from his outhouse, he yells "Roll Tide".

He ran a 4.8 in the 40 as a senior in high school for the football team when he was 23 years-old. The next day he ran a 4.2 out the back door of his granny's house because his grandpa found him "peekin' through the bathroom keyhole" at granny.

While shopping at the Piggly Wiggly he hears the song "Dixie Land Delight" over the store speakers. He immediately stands at attention with his hand over his heart. At the end of the song, he instinctively yells "Roll Tide". Little does he know that this song is about Tennessee.

He attends Alabama First Church of Christ (Bless him). When the offering is passed around each Sunday, there is an offering plate for the Lord, and a separate offering plate for "Nick Saban" to help next recruiting cycle. "Roll Tide".

When he attends a funeral for a fellow Bama fan, he will substitute his "Big Al" car flag for the "Funeral" flag during the procession. Of course at the end of the funeral, he yells "Roll Tide" along with the 45 other members of the deceased family.

He can't add or subtract; but they sure can multiply when it comes to National championships and first cousins.

Fully half of all Bama fans have a dog, cat or more likely a son or daughter named Bear or Bryant. In 10 years you will see a bunch of 8-9 year old named Tua running around. Now you will understand why.

To bad the toothbrush was invented in Alabama. If it had been invented in Tennessee, it would have been called to teethbrush.

Yeah that’s the way I see it. If you’re drunk to the point you can’t find the right apartment and intrude someone else’s, all bets are off.
I went to the wrong floor in my own building one time. Identical room right below mine just didn't take enough flights of stairs. Key went in but wouldn't turn and while I was trying to figure out why my lock was being a jerk the guy opened the door with a bat and laughed at me. Course we had x-box's we would system link through the window and play Halo 2 so he knew who I was. Pretty common to have someone come to the wrong room in those campus apartments.

Reactions: Hardy
I haven't read the warrant, but allegedly there's evidence to support serious bodily injury. A felony assault charge is a violation of the UT Code of Conduct, and the university has a process for that. Once an incident report was filed and a warrant issued, it became more than a team matter. The football program has had three players with assault charges in two months. The other two were promptly suspended indefinitely and dismissed from the team within a week or two.

Knoxville isn't Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Athens or Auburn. The legal issue will play out, but UT will investigate and follow policy. The players know this. It's not a great situation, the timing is terrible and JM was smart to stay quiet-- better for him personally and for the team. UT will respond, and CJH will address it today.
The other 2 were assaults against women. This was an admitted intoxicated male trespasser in someone's home. The assault occurred outside the home and he knocked the guy's teeth out, but we don't know what transpired prior to the alleged assault. All we have is the alleged victim's account and he was admittedly to drunk to even know where he was

I am indeed. I’m driving to Destin on Friday. It’ll be a day trip to Tallahassee on Saturday. Me and my buddies will get there early afternoon to catch the end of the early games and watch the Bama game at some place that has TVs.
I'll be interested to hear your comments about the crowd and the game. Hope you all have a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back