Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say "fleeing the scene"? No, I did not.

I said that he returned with a bloody bandage on his hand, which is information noted by the officers at the scene. The university is investigating this, and the findings from that investigation will determine when, or if, he plays for UT again.
He will play again. Eventually. Just like Kenneth George.

You are right you didn’t say he fled my fault.

Last edited:
Keys to winning the Alabama Game
~ No Turnovers
~ Force Turnovers
~ Find a way to run the ball effectively enough to make their defense unbalanced
~ Stop the run on defense, Bama is averaging over 7 yards per carry. Make them beat you over the top
~ Take ALOT of deep shots downfield, their corners always hold and sometimes get beat so need to take advantage

Folks need to set their football wishes aside and look at this as rational people. Imagine you have an adult son who'd drank a bit too much, accidentally went into the wrong apartment, apologized, something...something, said "You don't need to be a dick about it", left... And someone followed him out after the need for any escalation at all, punched him down a flight of stairs and smashed his teeth out.

I'm not even saying this is what happened. I'm just saying that it's pretty sick to see people excusing this activity and calling to lie to the cops because they want an average safety back on the field for the Bama game.
Uh, if my adult son got too drunk and broke into someone’s apartment, I would tell him he is fortunate to not have been shot dead inside the apartment.

He could have been off a little and I think the wind had something to do with his short throws .
He wasn't off a "little" after that hit...but him being off for whatever reason had nothing to do with my point..

We seriously could have hung 60+ and 600+ on them.
Because that's how selfish defense laws are written. Your home is your castle and you are allowed to defend it as needed, but once the person is outside of you home, espically in an apartment setting, so Jaylen can't say he was still on his property. So at the point the guy left his apartment the threat was no longer there in the eyes of the law.

If somebody breaks into your home uninvited you should be able to stop them from getting away so they can't do it again when you aren't there.

stoncold-beer.gif

I mean if no cops were there at the time he isn’t required to stay. He has no obligation. So there is no “fleeing” the scene. Also, since he voluntarily came back and complied to the arrest, again, there is no “fleeing”
I just can't believe he didn't get caught with weed. Heupel really is turning the program around. Now if Tank would just punch the ball out instead of some drunk dude's teeth. Head punching is just a bad move in general in a fight. Fingers break pretty easy and it is not hard to do some serious damage bare-knuckle that could land you with manslaughter or worse.

Keys to winning the Alabama Game
~ No Turnovers
~ Force Turnovers
~ Find a way to run the ball effectively enough to make their defense unbalanced
~ Stop the run on defense, Bama is averaging over 7 yards per carry. Make them beat you over the top
~ Take ALOT of deep shots downfield, their corners always hold and sometimes get beat so need to take advantage

This is where we will struggle either way at this point with our talent level vs their talent level at this point. We are a year or so away talent wise with this matchup. We may do a decent job of containing Gibbs/QB, but then if they decide to go pass happy, we don't have the secondary to stop them...

Only way we can pull his off is to continue to score points to stay in the game and keep them stressed. Definitely gonna be close if we can keep putting points on the board. 35-32 Vols

Reactions: VolNash17
I am looking at it from the perspective of what's been released, and what many people are responding to. I said that clearly in my post, and even made it blatant with the "this may not even be what happened" comment. And per the "from the victim's perspective" I spoke to this:

I'm thinking of this from a legal and common decency perspective. If the guy accidentally walked into the wrong apartment, apologized, and was followed out... Then he is the victim. Not the girl.

You say "But, looking at it from a reasonable perspective of current facts."... And that I'm "While dismissing the facts."

Then you defend the assault as thoug the drunk moron was a rapist that burst into the apartment with a machete.

It's. A. Freaking. Apartment. Complex.

Stuff like this happens.
Glad I don’t live in an apartment complex.

I just can't believe he didn't get caught with weed. Heupel really is turning the program around. Now if Tank would just punch the ball out instead of some drunk dude's teeth. Head punching is just a bad move in general in a fight. Fingers break pretty easy and it is not hard to do some serious damage bare-knuckle that could land you with manslaughter or worse.
Should of restrained himself but kids will be kids lol

Folks need to set their football wishes aside and look at this as rational people. Imagine you have an adult son who'd drank a bit too much, accidentally went into the wrong apartment, apologized, something...something, said "You don't need to be a dick about it", left... And someone followed him out after the need for any escalation at all, punched him down a flight of stairs and smashed his teeth out.

I'm not even saying this is what happened. I'm just saying that it's pretty sick to see people excusing this activity and calling to lie to the cops because they want an average safety back on the field for the Bama game.
Well I hope I’ve raised my son to not smart off to someone esp if he was in the wrong and was outweighed and outmuscled 😂 what a dumbass

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back