Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbs is fast

Not when he has our defenders all over him.

Pitt RB is equally fast. One long run. Bottled up the rest of the game.

Not gonna have a good day against Tennessee. Plus they might be playing catch-up with our offensive production.

Coming for you bama. Not a damn thing that they can do about it either. 😎

Agree to that..but all that defense had to be was mediocre
Agree 100%. I’ve said all along with ours as well, needs to be good, not great.

This weekend was perfect example. Bend, don’t break, tough in the red zone, hold opponents to 3 as much as possible. That formula will win with this offense 95% of the time.

I agree we need to wait and see. As mentioned, there were a lot of "ifs" in my post. I've seen a lot of posts that range from assuming the drunk idiot was belligerent and deserving it, to formulating lies to tell the judge to get him off. In response to my WFT post in response, everyone falls back to the "you're making assumptions about what is actually happening".

It's weird.

I'll say it clearly again... Everyone needs to take their orange-wish magic underwear off and think with a moral compass that supersedes football.

IF...IF...IF... The statements as released are true and this drunk idiot walked into the wrong apartment, apologized, left, and our favorite football player followed him out and punched him down a flight of stairs, it's illegal and reprehensible.

Even IF...IF...IF said drunk moron got mouthy, it's STILL illegal and reprehensible to follow him out and punch him down a flight of stairs.
I'm not looking at this through orange glasses. I'm looking at it from the perspective of my 24 year old son who's never remotely been in any trouble in his life. I asked him what would he have done in this situation. He said there are a number of factors here that we don't know in order to make an informed opinion. What is crime like in your neighborhood? If the guy knocked and no one answered, how far did he come into the home before he was noticed? What were you doing, and was he caught watching you do it? What dialog occurred inside or out and did the perpetrator become physically aggressive at any point? Did he follow him out in order to get a license plate number and the perpetrator stopped fleeing and become aggressive? He said there were a number of scenarios that he could see himself ending up punching the guy.

Bud Elliot was making a good point the other day after the Bama game.

Basically that they rely so much on the pass rush erasing everything that ppl don’t talk enough about how much their DBs get torched. This has gone on for a couple yrs straight now. Even when we played them last yr. But if they don’t get home they do not cover well with the DBs and the LBs are not good at it either.

I mean Haynes King is not good, had pressure on him all night and was still pretty good all things considered.

Basically that they rely so much on the pass rush erasing everything that ppl don’t talk enough about how much their DBs get torched. This has gone on for a couple yrs straight now. Even when we played them last yr. But if they don’t get home they do not cover well with the DBs and the LBs are not good at it either.

I mean Haynes King is not good, had pressure on him all night and was still pretty good all things considered.
Haynes King is a wild man

If Tillman is out there we are going to light them tf up

I never met any who cared about football more than the average student. If anything it was less than the average student. They cared about partying, and football games were a great excuse for that, but there was no noticeable difference between the Greeks and normal students when it came to passion for the team's success. In fact I didn't meet a single frat guy in college who would have sacrificed a party to be able to go to the game if he had to choose.
I was just an average student when I went there…. Football was great but I sat courtside for every single Wade Houston coached basketball game… we came early bc back then the Lady Vols played before the mens games.

Not sure if this is a true story about self-tasering or not, but it is pretty dang funny. Long read, but worth it.

WARNING FOR ALL MALES FROM ME
Last weekend I saw something at The Gun Show that sparked my interest. I was looking for a little something different for my wife Dana. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Tazer.
The effects of the Tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety...??
WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home.. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Dana what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.
Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right?
There I sat in my recliner, my cat Leo looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.
I must admit I thought about zapping Leo (for a fraction of a second) and then thought better of it. He is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised.
Am I wrong?
So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a singlet with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and Tazer in another.
The directions said that:
a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant;
a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; and
a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.
Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.
All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference (loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries); pretty cute really, and thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'
What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.
I'm sitting there alone, the cat looking on with his head cocked to one side so as to say, 'Don't do it stupid,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny lil ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it.
I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and...
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. WHAT THE... !!!
I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs! The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.
Note:
If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a Tazer,
one note of caution:
There is NO such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor!
A three second burst would be considered conservative!
A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape.
· My bent reading glasses were on the top of the TV.
· The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was.
· My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching.
· My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs.
· I had no control over the drooling.
· Apparently I had crapped in my shorts, but was too numb to know for sure, and my sense of smell was gone.
· I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head, which I believe came from my hair.
I'm still looking for my testicles and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!
PS: My wife can't stop laughing about my experience, loved the gift and now regularly threatens me with it!
Funniest thing I’ve ever read!!!😂
Its so funny because my son did the same thing. I bought a taser for my DIL because of a serial raper around UTM a few years ago. He thought it was too small to be effective. It wasn’t 😂

Maybe maybe not. If Jaylen chased him out of the apartment and pushed him down the stairs the charges won't be dropped, reduced possibly but not dropped. Hopefully there is a video camera in the hallway and it shows Jaylen didn't touch him, that's best case scenario.
He followed him, he punched him, and then he either pushed him or he fell down the stairs. There was no longer a threat. The kid was retreating. It’s an assault. It’s aggravated if there was serious bodily injury.

Not sure if this is a true story about self-tasering or not, but it is pretty dang funny. Long read, but worth it.

WARNING FOR ALL MALES FROM ME
Last weekend I saw something at The Gun Show that sparked my interest. I was looking for a little something different for my wife Dana. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Tazer.
The effects of the Tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety...??
WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home.. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Dana what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.
Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right?
There I sat in my recliner, my cat Leo looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.
I must admit I thought about zapping Leo (for a fraction of a second) and then thought better of it. He is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised.
Am I wrong?
So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a singlet with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and Tazer in another.
The directions said that:
a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant;
a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; and
a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.
Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.
All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference (loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries); pretty cute really, and thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'
What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.
I'm sitting there alone, the cat looking on with his head cocked to one side so as to say, 'Don't do it stupid,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny lil ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it.
I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and...
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. WHAT THE... !!!
I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs! The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.
Note:
If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a Tazer,
one note of caution:
There is NO such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor!
A three second burst would be considered conservative!
A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape.
· My bent reading glasses were on the top of the TV.
· The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was.
· My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching.
· My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs.
· I had no control over the drooling.
· Apparently I had crapped in my shorts, but was too numb to know for sure, and my sense of smell was gone.
· I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head, which I believe came from my hair.
I'm still looking for my testicles and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!
PS: My wife can't stop laughing about my experience, loved the gift and now regularly threatens me with it!

I skipped this because it was too long this morning. I'm glad I saw it again.

bammer's secondary is mid at best. I think we score often, just worried about our defense holding up.

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
@VolsDoc81TX got a PT question for you. My 12-year old daughter got a grade 2 sprain on her ankle (outside, but I don’t know specific diagnosis). What exercises and junk to do to build back strength and also for prevention? This is her second in about 2 months. First was in volleyball, second was in Gym class. Time to put an end to this junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back