Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The offense has honestly looked better without Tillman. He’s a dynamic player no doubt but it’s helped everyone get better at their jobs and has allowed for Hooker to look for more guys than just “aw shucks toss it up to Tillman” 20 times a game.
Key to offense for Bama game is running the football effectively and pass protection

cartman-whatever.gif

Saban quote on Bryce is very telling to me:

“People are going to ask about Bryce,” Saban said. “There’s really nothing there to tell you. He’s making progress. He’s been able to practice some and we’ll continue to evaluate him as the week progresses.”

He very intentionally did not say he has been throwing.

The offense has honestly looked better without Tillman. He’s a dynamic player no doubt but it’s helped everyone get better at their jobs and has allowed for Hooker to look for more guys than just “aw shucks toss it up to Tillman” 20 times a game.
Key to offense for Bama game is running the football effectively and pass protection
Don't think we beat them without Tillman.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
There's something to that for sure. I do think hooker was defaulting to Tillman a little too much.

Evans is a very bad example.

I am suspicious that most of his time missed had to do with discipline and not injury... but he played in only 7 games and six if you don't count his one carry vs UK. There can't be any doubt who would have been the #1 RB if he had been available all the time. He was better than Small. Far better with the ball in his hands and didn't show any drop off in Pass Pro.

Just not buying your argument. Through all of what you wrote as true as it is... Small still doesn't have the talent the others have. Consistency plus their talent will trump his consistency... if they develop.
Tiyon is the only example reference that we have, so we shall see. He never started while Jabari was healthy. I won't ask you to put any wagers on it, but I feel very confident in saying that JS will start every game in 2023 if he's healthy, regardless of transfers or current roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back