Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed this quote by Heup , especially the bold part. I had a dream that we went into the half up 35-7. Then I woke up ,so I have no ideal how it ended up. lol

“Alabama’s really good,” Huepel said. “Offense, defense, special teams – they’ve got really good personnel in all three phases of the game and will obviously be a huge test for us, but our players are excited. This morning was good preparation. Need to have a great week of practice to get ready to play our best football, so open it up.”

Barring a scandal, I’m confident Venables will make it to at least a third season. Oklahoma isn’t Auburn.
I am not sure, if he continues to lose by lopsided scores, they may have to cut him loose. I can’t see him surviving with a 4-8 record with these types of lopsided losses. No way he makes it through year 2 with these types of losses.

No affiliation to Small whatsoever, also not remotely offended. I'm just very keen on coaching styles and behavioral habits. Jabari wasn't near as talented as Tiyon Evans, but Evans was 1b. There are a lot of small intricacies to this offense. Sampson is the most likely guy to challenge for that spot next year because he's picked up the offense faster than anyone else, but he still has a long way to go. If this offense was based around the RB, then your statements would ring true. But this offense is based around the QB. Whoever does those little things most consistently will be the starter at RB. That will continue to be Jabari. In this offense, under this staff consistency>raw talent.
Evans is a very bad example.

I am suspicious that most of his time missed had to do with discipline and not injury... but he played in only 7 games and six if you don't count his one carry vs UK. There can't be any doubt who would have been the #1 RB if he had been available all the time. He was better than Small. Far better with the ball in his hands and didn't show any drop off in Pass Pro.

Just not buying your argument. Through all of what you wrote as true as it is... Small still doesn't have the talent the others have. Consistency plus their talent will trump his consistency... if they develop.

Reactions: wmcovol
Did y’all know that we rank 11th in rushing defense, ahead of Ga, and that we rank 22nd in sacks, well ahead of GA? Ga ranks 125th in sacks only recording 6 so far
I’m buying the narrative that UGA bought their own hype after beating Oregon and they may be too far down the River before realizing they need to paddle

backawayslowly-awkward.gif

Pate is so good at what he does. He’s be great to watch on a show like game day assuming they’d give him more than 60 seconds to get a point across

I don’t want him on ESPN or any major network. They’d try to turn him into something he’s not, like encouraging hot takes for views. I love Pate on his current platform, and I think he does too.

I’m buying the narrative that UGA bought their own hype after beating Oregon and they may be too far down the River before realizing they need to paddle
Yes, and as I pointed out preseason, their talent on defense took a huge step back. Ain’t nobody afraid of Bill Norton, Zion Logue, and TID

I want the stadium folks to play Dixieland Delight in the 4th quarter as Bama fans are leaving and the Crimson team is processing what has happened to them.

And I want 100,000 orange-clad fans to scream "TENNESSEE" every time it comes up.

I want it to ruin the song for them and they never play it at another game in Tuscaloosa.

I don’t want him on ESPN or any major network. They’d try to turn him into something he’s not, like encouraging hot takes for views. I love Pate on his current platform, and I think he does too.

I think viewers forget that there has to be hot takes on those big programs. It’s what gets people talking about the subject and makes them feel strongly one way or the other. Simple marketing tactic for them yet fans get so upset at those dudes 😂

Absolutely Pate on his current platform is money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back