Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players have been getting compensated since all-time. And 100% of them have been paid cash since 2015.

Buut I've never understood that as an argument as to why people should lower themselves to attacking others either. The fact that he reportedly didn't have a choice in this case means a lot imo as well. Just imo.

People can let him live rent-free and make us look like jealous exes if they want. I just don't think it's a good look for the fanbase. Would be better if we just ignored it. But meh
Where’s this REPORT that removed his choice in the matter? Would like to peruse.

Another major boost for perception. Maybe not as big for going to Atlanta but for national perception it’s huge. For a lot of people it would probably certify that we’re back.

No doubt, a major boost in perception if we beat Bama, but I’m hoping our coaches are playing for more than public perceptio. We can still boost perception in a hard fought, down to the wire loss. I just don’t see the value of risking CT if he’s not ready, and same for BY if I’m Satan. Don’t think we lose credibility with a loss unless we look bad in the process. I believe we’ve got other WRs who can get the job done and make sure CT is ready for UGA.

Reactions: MemphisVol3
I don't remember being negative at all towards the hire, admittedly I wasn't really excited about it except for the fact that I was ecstatic that it wasn't Franklin. After I did just a little research I did start getting excited about the possibility .
I wasn’t negative but initially very meh. Mainly because I was weary of midmajor/coordinator hires and our track record with such. Because of the NCAA issues I felt our recruiting would tank without a name hire. But after the offensive cesspool Chaney/Pruitt threw on the field I was cheered up with the thought of some technical proficiency scheme wise. Didn’t predict what Heupel delivered of course.

Only if we win by 3+ TDs vs Bryce imo.

Otherwise a 5 spot jump is just too much this close to the top where everyone is undefeated. We jumped 2 spots last week.

Some depends on if anyone loses. In a close win or vs Milroe I'd imagine 3rd. Maybe 2nd with a really decisive win.
Not directed at you but who cares. Just win

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If you don’t hate Henry Tootoot I’d wager you’re under the age of 16 or not living in Alabama. He can go to hell. Can’t believe there’s people in here sucking him off in the middle of bama week. Shameful behavior.

F*** Henry To’oto’o. If I played at UT with him and he transferred to Bama, I’d cut off all contact with him. He quit on the team and took the easy way out. F*** his dad and family too.

Fun to go back and read responses. I was wrong as well. Sorry @nicksjuzunk but I’ll never forget your response. “Emerging, like a turd blossoming from the anus.” All of us and everyone except DW were way off.

Wait a minute. I was excited about having an offense…even if I didn’t think we would ever win over 8 games. 😂

From Bryce Young to Hendon Hooker: Revisiting the recruitment of every SEC starting quarterback

Tennessee
Quarterback: Hendon Hooker, Class of 2017
Ranking: No. 337 nationally, No. 11 dual-threat QB
Previous school: Virginia Tech
Hooker grew up in Greensboro, N.C., about an hour away from Chapel Hill, N.C. And although he visited the Tar Heels several times unofficially as a high school student out of Dudley (N.C.), UNC never offered, according to 247Sports. Perhaps that would help illustrate what high school coaches meant when several of them told The Athletic in October 2021 that former coach Larry Fedora frequently ignored their schools.
Hooker did receive an offer from NC State, and Clemson extended one, as well, per 247Sports. But he committed to Virginia Tech, where he started 15 games in four seasons, before entering the transfer portal in December 2020. He committed to Tennessee a month later and has since become a Heisman Trophy contender on an undefeated Vols team that gets its crack at Alabama this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back