Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't like how this game is setting up for Vegas, Vast majority of the money is on TN spread but we're not seeing much line movement since it hit 7.5 earlier in the week. TN covering/winning is going to be a huge liability for Vegas and yet they aren't moving the line down to get more money on Bama, Makes me think they're very confident in Bama winning this one by a TD or more.

Meh. They're very good at what they do but not infallible. GBMFO!

I really don't like how this game is setting up for Vegas, Vast majority of the money is on TN spread but we're not seeing much line movement since it hit 7.5 earlier in the week. TN covering/winning is going to be a huge liability for Vegas and yet they aren't moving the line down to get more money on Bama, Makes me think they're very confident in Bama winning this one by a TD or more.
No matter how much money comes in on a game, vegas also won’t move the line too much off of their number because they know it opens them up for a larger exposure once smart money piles in. Especially with the situation for Bryce Young up in the air.

SIAP, but this is a great convo between Greg and Peyton. I had saw clips but not the full thing.
One takeway from it is that Peyton does seem genuinly hurt a bit that people say he is a curse...I think we should try and put that to bed.

Second takeway from the later portion where he breaks down the game I learned that Bama is #1 in the 1st quarter scoring differencial. So for all those going, stay WILD no matter if they get out to an early lead. With our offense we are not out of any game.

I think what makes Tennessee dangerous is they don’t have to win this game, they have already exceeded expectations and a 10 win season is almost a lock at this point unless something drastic happens… So I think tomorrow Heupel will just be upbeat and let them all have fun and go play. Whatever happens happens. Sure we all want to win the game and end that ridiculous streak but I think looking at it this way will give Tennessee a better chance at the upset. Looking forward to a fun game tomorrow
Greg McElroy's show this morning with Peyton was good. But when he was previewing the game he actually said the pressure is on Tennessee and NOT Alabama. His take was that Alabama doesn't need the game. They can lose, run the table in the West and go on the to SEC Championship and Playoff. Tennessee has the pressure because they're at home, have something to prove, and still have to play Georgia to make the SEC title game.

I don't agree with his logic. I think he's undervaluing the expectation Alabama has for winning this game, especially with how poorly they've played recently. Nothing would ruin that team mentally more than losing this game and it would make them seriously question themselves. Tennessee has already proven they're back in contention. They weren't supposed to be here. They don't have the talent and depth and expectation.

7a21bf66-776c-401d-aed1-6423aff82e2d-Louis_09.jpg

Ed O and Layla had A LOT to do with this. They wanted out of Knoxville ASAP. I think Kiffin leaving gave UT a free pass to upgrade over a guy who wasn't ready for the job. UT could've had a mulligan but instead doubled down on a decade of self-sabotage. So many years and so many layers of ineptitude-- unfathomable for a program that had defined stability and prospered greatly from it.

Smart move would have been to name Kippy Brown as interim. At best, he utilized all that NFL experience to make the best of his shot as HC at a top college program. At worst, you miss another bowl to buy yourself time and avoid a panic hire.

Similar to what Ohio St did when things blew up with Tressel.

Last edited:
Well today, my hubby and I are celebrating our 22nd Wedding Anniversary..We’re going to a nice Italian restaurant here in Knoxville..and tomorrow we will be having a UT football party and celebrating a win over Bama..The Vols and Heupel ARE gonna deliver a nice present wrapped orange with a white bow and W inside of it!!
Go Vols!!
🎉🙌🏈🍊🧡🥂
Congrats!

Will be interesting to see the approach bama takes if Bryce Young plays... will he scramble/run knowing one wrong tackle could set him back longer, and can he throw the deep ball or will he be limited to the 10-15yd max due to shoulder pain? I would think the staff would tell him to not take any chances or force it, which will be in our favor...

Also, the Refs if Bryce Young plays... Don't kid yourself if you don't think the refs will be protecting him at every snap... We better watch how we tackle him or they will be throwing roughing the passer/targeting on us before you can blink...

If Tillman is 80%, you play him. This is the biggest game of the year. We can beat everyone without Tillman but need him for UGA. We win this weekend , even with a loss to Georgia, we likely get in the playoff. This game means a lot. Not only because it’s the Toothless inbreds, but for our season.
Two ways to look at this...
  1. For public perception and fan satisfaction, this is the most important game.
  2. For the playoffs, beating GA is far more important.
We can lose to Bama, win out (including the SEC tourney), and still be guaranteed a playoff spot. If we lose to GA, the narrative is out of our control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back