Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all going to come down to defense. We haven't played against this good of a defense yet with the overall talent and depth. Our defense hasn't played against this good of an offense yet...

We are without arguably our best WR to pressure and spread their defense, allowing them to double up on Bru or Hyatt... and it sounds like we may be missing a few on our defense that is already slaw in the secondary...

They are going to make it their main focus to stop our pace on offense and come out and try to shut us down early, bringing a lot of pressure on Hooker. If we cannot put sustained drives together and come away with points in the first quarter, second quarter, we are burnt toast.

If we cannot pressure the QB, whoever it is, and contain them, keeping them from running open for first downs, and somehow containing Gibbs, who hasn't been contained well yet, they will score often and wear down our thin depth defense by the 4th quarter. If we contain the QB and RB, they will go to the air and test our below average secondary with 4-5* WR's... Our only hope is that BY plays and cannot throw over 10-15yds, or their backup plays and we don't give him enough time to complete the long balls...

Someone earlier posted that we don't need to play perfect to win, but bama does... Unfortunately its the other way around. We need to come out fast, confident, and focused, not getting emotional...Hooker cannot come out nervous and tight, throwing high like he tends to do, or it won't end well with bama's secondary...

We absolutely can do this and pull the upset, but things will have to go our way, no turnovers for us, and at least one for them, we will need to be able to continue to put points on the board. We MUST have a fair game called by the refs, with them actually calling holding penalties on a spoiled rotten bama Oline, or we won't get pressure and they will throw at will... Over the past 5-8yrs, Refs have absolutely helped bama in games like this against us... Maybe we are enough of a threat that they will be told or forced to call a fair game for once...
I think what makes Tennessee dangerous is they don’t have to win this game, they have already exceeded expectations and a 10 win season is almost a lock at this point unless something drastic happens… So I think tomorrow Heupel will just be upbeat and let them all have fun and go play. Whatever happens happens. Sure we all want to win the game and end that ridiculous streak but I think looking at it this way will give Tennessee a better chance at the upset. Looking forward to a fun game tomorrow

So many teams lose to alabama before even taking the field. Their coaches are too tight and nervous. That reflects onto the players as well to press and that usually never goes well. Luckily I think Tennessee doesn’t have that problem. Tennessee will go have fun tomorrow play loose and give it their best shot

Happy BIG ORANGE Friday!!

Ae9O.gif

I think what makes Tennessee dangerous is they don’t have to win this game, they have already exceeded expectations and a 10 win season is almost a lock at this point unless something drastic happens… So I think tomorrow Heupel will just be upbeat and let them all have fun and go play. Whatever happens happens. Sure we all want to win the game and end that ridiculous streak but I think looking at it this way will give Tennessee a better chance at the upset. Looking forward to a fun game tomorrow

Absolutely AGREE--- we are so far ahead of the curve right now, two years ago (20-21 season) we were with cornbread and 3-7... Now, with a motley crew of a roster, and a awesome coach and staff, we could/should win 10 games in year two if we take care of business and stay healthy... I would love it if we can keep it close and competitive so the recruits we will have on campus will see what we are building and want to be a part of it!
Plenty on here think we are going to win, win big, and that's fine, but I just don't see it yet, and that's fine too... GBO!!

Rucker said the Tennessee should blitz, blitz and more blitz all game. Stated the defense is going to give up plays on the back end regardless, said they can drop 7 and still have issues covering. Said bring pressure all day and live and die by it. Stated with the crowd noise and constant pressure the o line hasn't been good on the road for Bama this year. I like that strategy on defense for this one.

Rucker said the Tennessee should blitz, blitz and more blitz all game. Stated the defense is going to give up plays on the back end regardless, said they can drop 7 and still have issues covering. Said bring pressure all day and live and die by it. Stated with the crowd noise and constant pressure the o line hasn't been good on the road for Bama this year. I like that strategy on defense for this one.

Wow. I don’t agree with Rucker often, but here I am, agreeing with him.

I just think if Tillman is the deciding factor between us winning and losing for you. You never really thought we would win in the first place
Well it depends on how good Bryce is tomorrow. If Bryce is Heisman Bryce we absolutely need him I think.

His ability to make big plays could be what we need to win a close one.

If we lose, I would much rather it be while we are being aggressive versus death by a million cuts. Pressure all game! Guarantee that is Bama’s plan. I don’t see them bringing 4 only most of the game. They will bring 5-6 all game.

Just so y’all know it was me when you see the story:

Tomorrow, I’m going to hang out where the Bama players enter Neyland disguised as a Bama fan. When Saban and the players get off the bus I’m going to throw opened jugs of mustard at them and then after I’m going to superglue my hands together around a light post.

All because I want to save the planet from oil companies of course.

Well today, my hubby and I are celebrating our 22nd Wedding Anniversary..We’re going to a nice Italian restaurant here in Knoxville..and tomorrow we will be having a UT football party and celebrating a win over Bama..The Vols and Heupel ARE gonna deliver a nice present wrapped orange with a white bow and W inside of it!!
Go Vols!!
🎉🙌🏈🍊🧡🥂
IMG_4417.png

Just so y’all know it was me when you see the story:

Tomorrow, I’m going to hang out where the Bama players enter Neyland disguised as a Bama fan. When Saban and the players get off the bus I’m going to throw opened jugs of mustard at them and then after I’m going to superglue my hands together around a light post.

All because I want to save the planet from oil companies of course.
They’ll bail you out after the Tomato Soup Bandits post.

The Bryce Young AC Joint Sprain thing. I don’t think he’ll be 100% tomorrow. It’s been almost two weeks and it usually takes 3 or so to get back to almost feeling normal. Although we know they do things differently down in Tuscaloosa. No telling what kind of drugs or stuff they have him on

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back