Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two ways to look at this...
  1. For public perception and fan satisfaction, this is the most important game.
  2. For the playoffs, beating GA is far more important.
We can lose to Bama, win out (including the SEC tourney), and still be guaranteed a playoff spot. If we lose to GA, the narrative is out of our control.
I disagree. If we lose today, we need to beat Georgia and probably Alabama again in the SECG to get in. 2 losses would make it too tough.

If we win today, lose to Georgia, and sit out the SECG (assuming Georgia goes 12-0), I think we have a good shot of getting in at 11-1.

Two ways to look at this...
  1. For public perception and fan satisfaction, this is the most important game.
  2. For the playoffs, beating GA is far more important.
We can lose to Bama, win out (including the SEC tourney), and still be guaranteed a playoff spot. If we lose to GA, the narrative is out of our control.

I disagree. If we are actually talking about the playoff, winning this game tomorrow opens up an extra route. Sure, any SEC team that wins all of its games will get in. But if we win tomorrow and then lose to (only) UGA, we are very likely in without having to play Bama a second time.
If we lose, we’ll have to beat UGA and Bama.

I disagree. If we lose today, we need to beat Georgia and probably Alabama again in the SECG to get in. 2 losses would make it too tough.

If we win today, lose to Georgia, and sit out the SECG (assuming Georgia goes 12-0), I think we have a good shot of getting in at 11-1.
I'm not worried about today, but hopefully we win tomorrow!

If Tillman is 80%, you play him. This is the biggest game of the year. We can beat everyone without Tillman but need him for UGA. We win this weekend , even with a loss to Georgia, we likely get in the playoff. This game means a lot. Not only because it’s the Toothless inbreds, but for our season.
Is Tillman at 80% better than Keaton at 100?

Reactions: InVOLuntary

15-0 baby.

If Tillman is 80%, you play him. This is the biggest game of the year. We can beat everyone without Tillman but need him for UGA. We win this weekend , even with a loss to Georgia, we likely get in the playoff. This game means a lot. Not only because it’s the Toothless inbreds, but for our season.

You only play Tillman if Tillman feels comfortable playing and he’s been 100% medically cleared, not 80%.

Line has moved to +8 on DK. Young must've been cleared to play.

I think we win, regardless.

Yep. Vegas doesn’t play the games.

I mean, we were a mid-single digit favorite against LSU and we won by 27. They do a good job setting lines, but they can’t see the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back