Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Young does play. He's gonna be protecting his shoulder and 2nd-guessing his throws, not to mention a little rusty. It could take a qtr for him to get dialed in or pulled out of the game. We have to make them pay in the 1st qtr, if he plays.
Bryce at 20% or better is still better than Milroe.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Bryce at 20% or better is still better than Milroe.

I see people say things like this and I am just not sure how true that is. Seems like its the easy 'cliche' way to view it. If he is really not close to being 100% then he can certainly manage the game much better than Milroe. Protect the ball better. But him not being able to make all the throws helps us tremendously is how we are able to defend them. Makes our defenses job much easier. And if there is zero threat of RPO's and QB designed runs then that also makes how we call our defense so much easier. It makes the read by the LB's so much easier. I am not sure I buy that opinion. I want a limited Bryce Young to play if it means the offense is limited in what it is able to do.

In their Normal offense, how often does Bama have designed Qb runs? Or even zone reads?

can’t see them risking him on playa like that
Yep, I think by him playing, it makes it easier to defend them. It completely eliminates the quarterback run on almost any play. Key in on the running back on the read option and trust our D line to contain him in the pocket on pass plays, because he will be very scared about running.

Yeah, people were talking about both of these in the off-season.

I'm not a fan of the orange helmet but if the players want them and it's not a game with a major rival (where we most need to reinforce our brand), I suppose why not? I actually liked the white helmets with dark mode (again, for the brand recognition) but again why not black helmets? The recruits seem to love the dark mode. I think a white outline around the power T might help the helmet. It's not "Tennessee" enough as it stands imo. Those white helmets did a lot of recognition work.

People shouldn't conflate maintaining and continually strengthening the brand with tradition for tradition's sake or mere convention imo.

Line has moved again to +9 on DK

Has moved from +7 to +9 since this morning.
I just want to point out that even with Bryce Young, Bama only scored 20 on Texas. Their offense is good of course but this ain't some unstoppable force this season like it has been other years. you can force a couple of punts especially with how much they're penalized this year.

we just have to make sure we score points cause neither team can win with less than 30 pts IMO.

They can move the line all they want. Tennessee still wins. Just dont think Bama can stop our offense and we just need the defense to get 3-4 stops. BY will not run and no matter how much they inject him up the problem is still there. Sankey will announce before kickoff that TN will only be able to 2 hand touch BY.

Keys to winning the Alabama Game
~ No Turnovers
~ Force Turnovers
~ Find a way to run the ball effectively enough to make their defense unbalanced
~ Stop the run on defense, Bama is averaging over 7 yards per carry. Make them beat you over the top
~ Take ALOT of deep shots downfield, their corners always hold and sometimes get beat so need to take advantage

Follow The Maxims.

15-0 🤠

I’ll be completely honest… I’m more worried this late line movement that favors Bama is due to Vegas and the sharp money knowing that Bama will have the refs egregiously on their sides versus Bryce Young being cleared to play. The last couple of times we have played them, we have seen that the refs got to the point they did not care that everyone knew they were intentionally calling the game in favor of Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back