Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up. Was hard to do because so many were trying to harsh my mellow with their doubt. But you know what? WGWTFBA!!!

Reactions: MockingVol
2 things that could be pivotal that everyone should look for in this game defensively for the Vols. Watch for Roman Harrison and Joshua Josephs in some special speed rush sets that will create chaos and lead to an extra possession. Another will be how well our db's read and run when we get into under zone coverage. The dbs at every level are reading the QB and playing an area. When the nearest off side DB or LB sees that the QB is throwing to his zone, he breaks on the ball. He acts much like a trapper in basketball where you have two defenders aggressively running to the area and disrupt and turn over the offense. We usually have multiple defenders rallying to the ball on completed passes because we play this style of defense. We narrowly missed picking Daniels off last week at least twice in that coverage. Realizing that you are going to give up plays on occasion, the risk is worth the reward in the disruption that it causes. If Young plays he may not be able to make throws with normal velocity and we'll have an opportunity to turn him over. If it is Milroe, he doesn't make good reads and may make throws into the trap area giving us opportunities to get a turnover and put Bama in a hole. Whoever is at QB, Banks will be aggressive and try to give this offense extra possessions.

Think about the decisions opposing coaches make because of our offense

Last week, on the road, hostile environment and LSU won the toss. In every scenario you kick and send out your defense at home with the crowd buzzing. LSU didn’t want to fall behind early. Wanted their offense to get a shot first……

Yes. Their offense is good, and they place a lot of players in the NFL. For wide receivers and running backs, as an example, I understand the allure. However, Ohio State is a wasteland for QB development. See my edit to my previous post. Fields looks like an NFL bust.

An NFL bust who made how many tens of millions of dollars by getting drafted high due to him lighting up slow BIG 10 opposition while at OU? Yeah, recruits aren't worrying nearly as much about what he looks like in the NFL as they are about the fact the he got to the league, was drafted high and has generational wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back