Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.c4d8dccf4f08076d43a2c0cb17fccde4

Biggest concerns for this game:

1. Fumbles. We have had too many this year and have had some lucky bounces but we put the ball on the ground multiple times against Pitt, UF and LSU. Jalen Wright, Flowers in the return game, Fant on the first drive against UF and Hooker has had a few when being sacked. I feel like Bama will be looking to blindside Hooker so our RBs need to pass block well and skill positions better be ready for defenders punching the ball.

2. Secondary Play. We aren't very talented on the back end and have potentially multiple starters out. Bad news....especially if BY can throw without too much pain. Also, Bama has a lot of talent at DB even if they have underachieving so far. I feel like they will try to mug our WRs and refs will mostly let them.

3. Officiating. Goes with my last point but I expect 3-5 blatant PI's not called against Bama, our DB's not allowed to be physical at all, Bama's OL will be allowed to hold all game (as usual) and allow Gibbs to have a big game. I also expect at least one "WTF" penalty that wipes out a big play for us. Could be targeting, ticky-tack holding, offensive PI on wide screens or pick plays, etc.

I do think we can win but will need to be extremely disciplined and efficient to overcome Bama bias from the zebras and our weakness at DB. Hooker better be on tomorrow and protect himself in the pocket and in the QB run game. We need him in top form to overcome the talent and depth disparity.

You're defending a guy who routinely fellates the Bama fanbase and you're calling someone else a Bammer fan? Paul Finebaum may have gone to Tennessee, but he betrayed us long ago.
I'm calling Bammer fans Bammer fans and telling them to pucker up. By god, relax and have a smile ole Weezy. Bout to wtfa. Get your stogey ready.

So, is Tillman out tomorrow? I’m guessing so since there still isn’t any word. But, man, what a crappy string of luck Tillman had. Trying to think of “what if” scenarios of what type of season he would have had if he didn’t miss potentially half of it due to this injury. Really sucks we’ll never know.
Sucks even worse that he got hurt against motherfaking Akron of all teams

Reactions: BigSteve09
Biggest concerns for this game:

1. Fumbles. We have had too many this year and have had some lucky bounces but we put the ball on the ground multiple times against Pitt, UF and LSU. Jalen Wright, Flowers in the return game, Fant on the first drive against UF and Hooker has had a few when being sacked. I feel like Bama will be looking to blindside Hooker so our RBs need to pass block well and skill positions better be ready for defenders punching the ball.

2. Secondary Play. We aren't very talented on the back end and have potentially multiple starters out. Bad news....especially if BY can throw without too much pain. Also, Bama has a lot of talent at DB even if they have underachieving so far. I feel like they will try to mug our WRs and refs will mostly let them.

3. Officiating. Goes with my last point but I expect 3-5 blatant PI's not called against Bama, our DB's not allowed to be physical at all, Bama's OL will be allowed to hold all game (as usual) and allow Gibbs to have a big game. I also expect at least one "WTF" penalty that wipes out a big play for us. Could be targeting, ticky-tack holding, offensive PI on wide screens or pick plays, etc.

I do think we can win but will need to be extremely disciplined and efficient to overcome Bama bias from the zebras and our weakness at DB. Hooker better be on tomorrow and protect himself in the pocket and in the QB run game. We need him in top form to overcome the talent and depth disparity.
1) Yes. Especially Wright. Hold on tight...he'll play plenty.

2) Minus Hadden and Tank. Woof. DL needs to come ready.

3) Need to play a clean game. We've gotten away with quite a few calls this year. Hopefully another loosely called game tbh.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Major media voices pointing toward BY playing. Hopefully still wrong and some are "as long as everything pregame goes well". Hope not, but this would be classic UT luck.

What would NOT be so UT is to overcome such a thing. Maybe we are due for overcoming such adversity, just as we were due for FINALLY beating preseason expectations by more than 1.0 games this season, which we are well on our way to now doing after 15+ years. Maybe it just won't matter. Maybe this team can simply rise above it.

Gbo either way.

Really think that will be sabans mistake..we know he won’t be able to throw much so that makes them one dimensional if I had to guess saban is just gonna try to beat us by running the ball and counting on his defense to stop our rapid scoring…ballsy if you ask me but it’s saban

Major media voices pointing toward BY playing. Hopefully still wrong and some are "as long as everything pregame goes well". Hope not, but this would be classic UT luck.

What would NOT be so UT is to overcome such a thing. Maybe we are due for overcoming such adversity, just as we were due for FINALLY beating preseason expectations by more than 1.0 games this season, which we are well on our way to now doing after 15+ years. Maybe it just won't matter. Maybe this team can simply rise above it.

Gbo either way.
We can beat Bama with a healthy Bryce. Hopefully the team is ignoring the uncertainty and focused on what they control. If we play our brand of football and Bama plays the way they've played all year - it won't matter who takes the snap.

It's been a long time since it's been the case, but it's a game we are just as worthy of taking. We don't need a miracle (though I'll gladly take them). We don't need everything to go wrong for Bama and for the QB to be hurt. We just need to play Tennessee football like we did last week.

Honestly whichever QB plays we just need to be able to generate pressure.

We’ve faced 3 mobile QBs already, but I doubt we’ve faced an OL as good as Bama. Their defense doesn’t worry be a ton, Texas was able to throw all over them and probably would have beaten them if Ewers wasn’t hurt.

About a decade. Not his very first years though. But last 10 seems like enough. But some fans hardly like anyone. Even our own media. Since they're so clearly against us...until now magically 🤣 All those years of 5-7 and fans saying the media hates us was just awkward to talk to those folks...like they didn't get that we merely sucked 😑
Well, let me clear my thought up. Paul Finebaum is Jerry Springer of Alabama, nothing more. He’s trash.

Local media. Ok, I hate Hyams and John Adam’s. Why? Because they’re negative? No, because they are biased hacks. Even when there was any semblance of positive news, they’d spin it negative. Or when there was nothing to be seen, they’d make it a deal that was nothing. I like Hubbs, he’s negative. Maybe as negative as they come. But yet, I like him. So are we all unobjective? Or is it something else?

I think we see Milroe at some point tomorrow regardless of Bryce's. Even if Bryce plays I confidently doubt he goes every snap and every play. They may run 2 QBs by design or by force if Bryce gets hurt. They may start with Milroe and throw Bryce in if we build a lead and their offense is faltering. Then take him out as soon as it gets moving again.

Well, let me clear my thought up. Paul Finebaum is Jerry Springer of Alabama, nothing more. He’s trash.

Local media. Ok, I hate Hyams and John Adam’s. Why? Because they’re negative? No, because they are biased hacks. Even when there was any semblance of positive news, they’d spin it negative. Or when there was nothing to be seen, they’d make it a deal that was nothing. I like Hubbs, he’s negative. Maybe as negative as they come. But yet, I like him. So are we all unobjective? Or is it something else?

I’m sure good ol’ Devo will explain how you are wrong. He’s on a roll tonight.

So someone reporting on sports spoke well of the greatest HC and CFB run of all-time? How dare he.

Guess he just should've ignored reality and looked like an insane man...
You do realize over half of the human population is just trying to scrape by, economically and sustenance wise, right?

"A very large portion of the world's population" shows how clearly skewed your view is. Most of humanity doesn't even have time for all the higher-level actualization politics. We are privileged to even rise that high on Maslow's hierarchy in the upper echelon of 1st world societies.

Honestly whichever QB plays we just need to be able to generate pressure.

We’ve faced 3 mobile QBs already, but I doubt we’ve faced an OL as good as Bama. Their defense doesn’t worry be a ton, Texas was able to throw all over them and probably would have beaten them if Ewers wasn’t hurt.
Good point on Texas. If we can put 4 quarters together like Ewers started down...like our chances as long as our D can play up to the task down a few guys.

I’ll be completely honest… I’m more worried this late line movement that favors Bama is due to Vegas and the sharp money knowing that Bama will have the refs egregiously on their sides versus Bryce Young being cleared to play. The last couple of times we have played them, we have seen that the refs got to the point they did not care that everyone knew they were intentionally calling the game in favor of Bama.
That is exactly what I thought...this game has been bought and paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back