Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let me clear my thought up. Paul Finebaum is Jerry Springer of Alabama, nothing more. He’s trash.

Local media. Ok, I hate Hyams and John Adam’s. Why? Because they’re negative? No, because they are biased hacks. Even when there was any semblance of positive news, they’d spin it negative. Or when there was nothing to be seen, they’d make it a deal that was nothing. I like Hubbs, he’s negative. Maybe as negative as they come. But yet, I like him. So are we all unobjective? Or is it something else?
Did you hear Hyams (it was either him or Adams) ask Hype about Tank practicing?

That man shot down a stare like I've never seen 😅 Then Rucker came right behind and made him chuckle. I love how he interacts with the media.

Screenshot_20221014_233508.jpg

Last edited:
Hendon Hooker is nearly 25 and forgotten more ball than Milroe, Young, or whatever schmuck they put back there has learned. He’s incredibly saavy, a skilled technician who protects the ball as good as any QB we’ve ever seen, and he will without a doubt carry us to victory.

Screw Bama and the horse midget they rode in on. Vols by three scores.

Last edited:
We can beat Bama with a healthy Bryce. Hopefully the team is ignoring the uncertainty and focused on what they control. If we play our brand of football and Bama plays the way they've played all year - it won't matter who takes the snap.

It's been a long time since it's been the case, but it's a game we are just as worthy of taking. We don't need a miracle (though I'll gladly take them). We don't need everything to go wrong for Bama and for the QB to be hurt. We just need to play Tennessee football like we did last week.

We have played very well against one dimensional teams like UF and LSU even though we gave up a lot of passing yards to UF. Still, it was a sound gameplan. Their run game strength was negated by our strength of our front seven stopping the run. We did not play nearly as well against Pitt who had a more balanced offensive approach. Our pressure knocking Slovis out of the game changed things greatly because they were keeping us off balance prior to that.

Bama with Bryce even at 75% is a much better offense than Pitt and we have fewer DBs available against (on paper) much more talented receivers, a better RB, a better OL and a generational talent at QB. I hate sounding negative but our defense worries me if BY plays. If Milroe plays then I think we win.

I will say that our offense is much better now than when we played Pitt. Not having Tillman sucks but we have more guys making plays at this point and Hooker is more dialed in. Would also love for this game to be Squirrel's coming out party....he could feast over the middle against their ILB's, especially Toto.

I think the refs calling BS drive killing penalties against us, drive extending penalties for Bama against us and ignoring holding in Bama's run game probably worries me most. We have all seen it happen enough that we should be expecting it and know that we have to beat a more overall talented, deep team that is getting help from the refs. If Heupel gets it done then it will truly be an amazing feat.

We have played very well against one dimensional teams like UF and LSU even though we gave up a lot of passing yards to UF. Still, it was a sound gameplan. Their run game strength was negated by our strength of our front seven stopping the run. We did not play nearly as well against Pitt who had a more balanced offensive approach. Our pressure knocking Slovis out of the game changed things greatly because they were keeping us off balance prior to that.

Bama with Bryce even at 75% is a much better offense than Pitt and we have fewer DBs available against (on paper) much more talented receivers, a better RB, a better OL and a generational talent at QB. I hate sounding negative but our defense worries me if BY plays. If Milroe plays then I think we win.

I will say that our offense is much better now than when we played Pitt. Not having Tillman sucks but we have more guys making plays at this point and Hooker is more dialed in. Would also love for this game to be Squirrel's coming out party....he could feast over the middle against their ILB's, especially Toto.

I think the refs calling BS drive killing penalties against us, drive extending penalties for Bama against us and ignoring holding in Bama's run game probably worries me most. We have all seen it happen enough that we should be expecting it and know that we have to beat a more overall talented, deep team that is getting help from the refs. If Heupel gets it done then it will truly be an amazing feat.
The ref thing could go one of two ways. Sankey wants at least two SEC teams capable of making the playoffs. With Bryce’s status in the air moving forward, the refs may call the game mostly even with us and them getting equal favorability. Us and UGA are the likely two protected teams moving forward because if Bryce goes down, you can pretty much rule Bama out. Milroe isn’t enough to carry them to the playoffs.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
I love everything about this program and this athletic department right now. Not sure I’ve ever seen anything like this where the entire athletic department seems to all be pulling in the same direction and working to build each other up. This is so fun.
I was skeptical about Danny White.
No more.
He is the bomb 💣! Glad we have him.

I don’t either..but I’m hoping it’s because they’re anticipating Bryce to play… personally I don’t think we have a answer for Gibbs or Milrose because he’s deadly with his legs and still does barely enough with his arm just to get a dub.the defense does the rest
I think Saban is forcing us to split preparation...therefore causing us to be half prepared for whoever is really in the field. Two totally different QBs requiring two totally different defensive approaches.

It is the smart thing to do, and it is what I would do if I was him.

I think Saban is forcing us to split preparation...therefore causing us to be half prepared for whoever is really in the field. Two totally different QBs requiring two totally different defensive approaches.

It is the smart thing to do, and it is what I would do if I was him.
I think I'm gonna meet Saban at the Papermill Waffle House after the game and whoop his little midget ass.

Flying has become an absolute **** show.
Be nice to the young lady.

1665805549096-gif.500826
1665805769527.gif
1665805614909.gif
You got cavity searched didn’t you.

Been in Connecticut at home office for 5 days. Good learning and all that crap. Facetimed my son last night, said 'I want Daddy.' Im miserably homesick. I despise the North.
I’ll be going to San Antonio 2x, that will be alright (look forward to the food!). However, I have to go to Toronto after that. I don’t want to step foot in that godforsaken country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back