Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loser of this game will get every single call in the SEC championship game to make sure two SEC teams get in the playoffs. I don't gamble, but if I did, I would say we win tomorrow and get hosed in the championship game.

Doubt it. If they beat us then they most likely run the table and get in the playoffs with or without an SECCG win. Mississippi State is the only other team they have left that stands a chance. Bama and UGA will be protected as the two frontrunner. Sankey doesn't want to risk us beating Bama, then losing to UGA and UGA giving Bama a second loss in Atlanta. We could theoretically, and probably should, get a playoff bid in that scenario but if the committee has to choose between an 11-1 Tennessee team and a 12-0 Clemson in the ACC, a 12-0 USC or UCLA, or an 11-1 Michigan or Penn. State then we get left out.

Most likely playoff teams are Ohio State, UGA, Clemson and an undefeated PAC 12 or Big 12 champion. Then comes a one loss Bama. Next would be a one loss Texas, OK State, Michigan or PSU. We would be down the list if we don't go undefeated or win the SECC with only one loss. I think this is going to be a year that the SEC only gets one team in the playoffs. The rest of the country is sick of 2 SEC teams + OSU and Clemson. It doesn't matter how difficult our schedule is or how deserving we are....it will be political based on generating TV viewers.
Texas also lost to Texas Tech, so they have 2 losses.

What time y'all want to meet at the Papermill Waffle House so I can whoop your asses? First Jack, then UTM, then Gaines, and then I think I'll beat Jack again before I get my waffles.

Give me a bit. I have to fill up your mom's food bowl and water dish after I take her for a walk.

Just watched the season finale of Rings of Power and it's great. I don't watch much television beyond UT sporting events but the series is really good. The first couple of episodes are just 'ok' but after that it takes off. Very much recommend to any LOTR fans and fantasy fans out there.
thanks for this, because I pretty much stopped through 1st episode.

Reactions: UTProf
thanks for this, because I pretty much stopped through 1st episode.

No problem. I have to admit I was pretty disappointed early on and the only real reason I continued was because I didn't have our tv setup properly when I watched the first episodes and so it looked like it was shot on video. I figured maybe I judged it too harshly and decided to watch some more because of that and because sometimes new series will start out a little slow. I'm glad that I did because it really did go from just being meh to good a few more episodes in.

They're lucky they are a LOTR property though because it does take the show a while to get the audience to the point where you are wondering what's going to happen next and what character might be who in the future and I'm not sure how patient I'd have been with something else.

OH had slept through most of the episodes and reluctantly watched the next to last episode with me last night. Then tonight we watched the finale and I didn't have to talk him into it. I'm definitely looking forward to season 2 because now everything is setup for some epic adventuring. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back