Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad but I am feeling the pit of doom. Our guys are out. Their guy is in.
I can’t imagine feeling doom because I never imagined we’d be here in just the second year of a new coach’s tenure after what happened in 2020. Maybe we’ll lose and I sure wish we had Tillman or that Young wasn’t playing, but…good teams overcome adversity and the Vols have already overcome some. Let’s just see what happens.

The best team will win today because of its importance. The only qualifier is what the SEC tells the officials to do. If Bama's O-line is allowed to tackle our d-line, call a bunch of holding penalties on our O-line, or they call make believe late hits on Young - the fix is in. Once again, we will have to beat the opponent and the officials.

The SEC has an opportunity to create more opportunity and excitement than ever for the conference with Texas and Oklahoma joining by playing it straight up. But that's not the real world as we know. Will see. There are a lot of eyes on this game. Maybe they will.

I can’t imagine feeling doom because I never imagined we’d be here in just the second year of a new coach’s tenure after what happened in 2020. Maybe we’ll lose and I sure wish we had Tillman or that Young wasn’t playing, but…good teams overcome adversity and the Vols have already overcome some. Let’s just see what happens.

Exactly. This season isn’t made or lost based on today. But this isn’t the paper tiger team we had during the Butch years. We know we can compete with anyone.

Here’s my nobody cares take. If Young is healthy this is a terrible match up for us. Their strength (defense) will make our strength (offense) earn everything. Our weakness (pass defense) is also their strength (QB). But……
If Young is 80% there is a definite problem for them. He is elusive and many of his big plays start with his legs. I think they’ll encourage him to avoid hits, extra yards. This can be a problem for them. So for me, if he is healthy and they’re rope a doping, I think they win. If he’s not 100%, we can pull it off. If he doesn’t play (even a half), we win. Now tase me please.

Reactions: Volnut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back