Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia 7-0 only 3 wins over teams with a winning record Oregon 5-1 Samford 5-1 South Carolina 4-2
Ohio State only 1 win against a winning team Toledo 4-2
TN 6-0 5 out of 6 wins are against winning teams Bama 6-1 LSU 5-2 Florida 4-3 Pittsburgh 4-2 Ball State 4-3

Who should really be number 1?
It’s all predicated on prior years success. Based off résumés before today’s games, we should have already been top 3 in the polls.

Like everyone else, I've been digesting what we savored tonight and how far we've come. Two years ago a clown from Alabama did his best to destroy our program. Over 30 players left the program. Roster was hollow and thin. The hearts of VolNation were broken. First came Danny with his vision. He hired and believed in Coach Heupel. Coach brought in a dedicated and talented coaching staff. Coach and staff brought integrity and a vision of development and hard work. They players bought in. The entire program recruited non-stop. Slowly, those outside began to see just what was happening in the program. That first recruiting class was amazing given the circumstances. Beginning in September 2021, we saw an undermanned team competing in every game and on every play. There was no quit in this team. People began to notice the change of culture. The undermanned Vols exceeded expections and actually made it to a bowl game. Following the season, came a renewed commitment to excellence. We watched as the team became stronger and deeper. The recruiting class came in and picked up the commitment to excellence, the culture, and the work ethic of the veterans. Leaders emerged. Now, it is September/ October 2022 and we are enjoying an amazing run of success. This team has beaten 4 ranked teams on its way to a 6-0 record, crowned by a win over Bama. The DB depth was so challenged tonight, we needed to play walk-ons, and they got the job done. Physical and mental toughness are the trademarks of the Vols. How is it that we came so far in such a short period of time. Amazing. Congratulations to the players and staff. You have accomplished so much and made us so proud. It's great to be a Vol.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back