Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love our leadership and our coaches from top to bottom.

Randy Boyd
Donde Plowman
Danny White
Josh Heupel
Rick Barnes
Tony Vitello
Kellie Harper

Tennessee Athletics is in the beginning of its golden age.

You just named the coaches of our revenue producing sports. We've got great coaches all across UT sports.

One thing is clear to me halfway through the season: this team believes in their ability, the system, and that they belong with the best teams in the nation. That's a testament to the coaching. They trailed double digits to Pitt at their house. They trailed Florida. They were down 7 to the #3 team in the nation in the 4th quarter. They have answered the bell everytime. I have sensed zero panic or hesitation. The offensive just keeps coming at the other team, every single possession. That alone will keep you in games you otherwise could/would lose.

On to UT Martin. I am hoping they will do us a favor, CTFO, and lay down easy. Don't go all akron on us. I'm guessing most of the UT Martin guys grew up TN fans and are pulling for us when they aren't playing us. Let's put this thing away early and get Milton some reps. Then we can all start making fun of Kentucky.

Last edited:
If bama wins out, UT loses a close one to Uga. That leaves 3 one loss SEC teams. Which team gets left out? And how do you justify leaving one out? Do we see 3 SEC teams in the playoffs?

Just in case that scenario plays out I’m really hoping for some big upsets bcuz I’ll be pissed if we are the team left out

Dang if only our resume was as much of a gauntlet as Georgia and Ohio State's

Beating the best program in America and three other ranked teams just can't compete with beating zero P5 teams with a winning record and almighty Toledo! (Ohio State) and Oregon sure is such an incredible win with bearing all the worst teams in the SEC and Samford (UGA)

Good thing it's objective and they base this thing after results!

I got so many texts last night. Auburn students. Mississippi State students. Even a guy from Wisconsin sitting in duck camp with a bunch of Yankees watching the game cheering for Tennessee while prepping gear for the morning hunt.

Virginia Tech students begrudgingly congrats'ed.

The entire world was watching that game.
Can't wait to see the TV ratings.

Players that need to be talked about...
Fant had a great game
Keyton on limited opps made the most of each one and got a couple key first downs
Bru, same and the catch to set up the fg....duuude is strong.
The entire o line was outstanding and jabari small ran extremely hard.

The stats won't say the defense was good..
But.. Gibbs only had one run off any significance.
There were several big catches Bama had that were well contested so I'd be one that would tell you the secondary played pretty well.
The QB rush want as effective as we'd like as far as getting home but they had him on the run almost all day and had timely sacks

Special teams...I mean.. Duh. Awesome.

Great great game... So many played really well, and in a true maxim game, all gave their all for Tennessee.

Go Vols

I was having trouble getting a signal for my phone at the FSU game, and did not realize the score flashed on the scoreboard behind me. The last update I had seen showed Bama at the 50, third and 10. Then, people saw the score and the buzz around the stadium was electric. All I could hear was Tennessee, but that was enough to know. And, then, of course, I lost my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back