Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Rodney Garner said, the three things that don't lie: the film, the mirror and the Bible. Watch the video (film), focus on the action that has nothing to do with the ball, stop it as each infraction occurs, note it, advance the video.

Bama O-linemen will do anything and everything. They commit so many infractions the officials stop focusing on it. All it would take is for the officials to do their jobs for 2 or 3 games in a row, let Saban scream, and then keep calling them reasonably and it would end. That they don't tells you everything you need to know about the SEC office in Birmingham.

My favorite used by them routinely and now used routinely at Ole Miss because Kiffin learned how to do it from Bama is for the O-lineman to use one hand to grab at the defender's chest and the other hand to grab behind the neck at the pads. They can pull the defender close on pass rushes and turn them on runs. OM did this the entire game against us last year with no calls. That's how Corral ran up the middle all night long along with not having two LB's inside the entire game. Why spread your D when the only thing beating you are QB draws? But I digress.
I don't understand why the SEC let's them get away with it...it is textbook holding. We don't do it, and if the officials are going to let it happen blatantly on every play...why don't we? Watching our OL block last night was a thing of beauty. Bamas OL was grabbing and tackling on every freaking play.

More proof most coaches are dumb. Granted, we started at 8th in that poll, so we went up 4 spots in a tight group of really really good teams.

And credit Michigan for also handling their business vs PSU. We are a mere THREE votes behind them.

I'd guess we're 3rd in the AP.

Coaches don’t vote, their SIDs do. They ain’t got time for all that

Hard to hate on Dooley. He was in over his head but I don’t have the disgust with him like the others.

It’s crazy to think all those years we had the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s but not the X’s and the O’s. Heupel hasn’t been here long enough to even have multiple recruiting cycles and look what he’s doing. Our last coach publicly made excuses for not having his recruits multiple times during interviews. UT has hit the jackpot.
Yeah, the Dooley era is all on Tennessee for being too stupid to hire a guy with that resume just because he was a legend's son. Shoulda made Kippy Brown interim and got the cream of the crop coach the next year.

Zero Fs about Morris. Gray was the only entertainment in the 2020 season and single-handedly won a bowl game the year before. Wish we had him now. And before someone comes at me…he had 180 yards against a pretty decent Kansas team yesterday.
Kansas defense is slaw. But 180 is still good

Reactions: igotworms
I don't understand why the SEC let's them get away with it...it is textbook holding. We don't do it, and if the officials are going to let it happen blatantly on every play...why don't we? Watching our OL block last night was a thing of beauty. Bamas OL was grabbing and tackling on every freaking play.
There was one play where it was so obvious that everyone saw it. . . everyone but the refs. 2-3 of our guys basically being tackled. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back