Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is clear to me halfway through the season: this team believes in their ability, the system, and that they belong with the best teams in the nation. That's a testament to the coaching. They trailed double digits to Pitt at their house. They trailed double digits to Florida. They were down 7 to the #3 team in the nation in the 4th quarter. They have answered the bell everytime. I have sensed zero panic or hesitation. The offensive just keeps coming at the other team, every single possession. That alone will keep you in games you otherwise could/would lose.

On to UT Martin. I am hoping they will do us a favor, CTFO, and lay down easy. Don't go all akron on us. I'm guessing most of the UT Martin guys grew up TN fans and are pulling for us when they aren't playing us. Let's put this thing away early and get Milton some reps. Then we can all start making fun of Kentucky.
Agreed on your points but we never trailed Florida by double digits.

If bama wins out, UT loses a close one to Uga. That leaves 3 one loss SEC teams. Which team gets left out? And how do you justify leaving one out? Do we see 3 SEC teams in the playoffs?

Just in case that scenario plays out I’m really hoping for some big upsets bcuz I’ll be pissed if we are the team left out
We would root for UGA in the SEC Championship Game, as that would leave with Bama with 2 loses and outside looking in I’d assume.

Just think , it was not that long ago people was wanting to cancel the game with Bama because they said we would never make it a close game ,let alone beat them. To those people

giphy.gif

I’m not sure how much longer Saban’s got. He’s getting older and losing his edge. A teams discipline is on the coaches and Alabama has been one of the leagues worst this year in terms of penalties.
I disagree..they have ALWAYS done this 🦬💩, they just NEVER got called for their 🦬💩 before.

Something has changed in the HQ.

If bama wins out, UT loses a close one to Uga. That leaves 3 one loss SEC teams. Which team gets left out? And how do you justify leaving one out? Do we see 3 SEC teams in the playoffs?

Just in case that scenario plays out I’m really hoping for some big upsets bcuz I’ll be pissed if we are the team left out
We get left out in that scenario unless Bama loses the championship game too. No scenario where 3 sec teams get in.

One thing is clear to me halfway through the season: this team believes in their ability, the system, and that they belong with the best teams in the nation. That's a testament to the coaching. They trailed double digits to Pitt at their house. They trailed Florida. They were down 7 to the #3 team in the nation in the 4th quarter. They have answered the bell everytime. I have sensed zero panic or hesitation. The offensive just keeps coming at the other team, every single possession. That alone will keep you in games you otherwise could/would lose.

On to UT Martin. I am hoping they will do us a favor, CTFO, and lay down easy. Don't go all akron on us. I'm guessing most of the UT Martin guys grew up TN fans and are pulling for us when they aren't playing us. Let's put this thing away early and get Milton some reps. Then we can all start making fun of Kentucky.
Randy Boyd to UTM coach " This is the opportunity of a lifetime for you to let a team stomp you in all phases of the game while not really even trying to compete with them and keep your job with a high five"

I never stop.

Everything is right there for us, UT Martin,
Then Kentucky, then Georgia. If by chance we win out we will be 1 in both rankings. We just need to take care of business
I'm hoping for Ole Miss to beat Bama. We beat Georgia and play Ole Pissy Pants in the SEC Championship for some revenge from last year. All our demons are exorcized and we beat Ohio State and Clemson to win the Natty!

I got so many texts last night. Auburn students. Mississippi State students. Even a guy from Wisconsin sitting in duck camp with a bunch of Yankees watching the game cheering for Tennessee while prepping gear for the morning hunt.

Virginia Tech students begrudgingly congrats'ed.

The entire world was watching that game.
Interested to see what the numbers were. The Florida game was what, 6 million(?), I believe...the most, by far. Last night crushed that.

One would think if Georgia beats Bama for the SEC Title, Tennessee gets in.

One would think they would have to. It most likely comes down to a 1 loss TN, or an undefeated Clemson that played a slaw schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back