Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Last night showed, a bit, what Bama has been able to get away with all these years; what we have been talking about for so long. That's why their fans are out of their minds right now, they've never seen anything like it before, and they don't know what to do...they don't know how to process it...hell, if I were them, I wouldn't either.

Hats off to that crew. Every single penalty called on Bama last night was absolutely legit and warranted. Again, it put a very bright spotlight on what they have been able to get away with all these years.
Every damn one of them was legit, and they could have easily called at least 20 more egregious offensive holding calls. They were tackling our rushers on every play.

Something about the block in the back on the opening return and the bungled punt return that turned into a touchdown just told me it was our night.
Yeah... But it got real quiet here after the snoop and score. Bvs was like..
1665945536462.gif
And then Hyatt scored again and I was like..
1665945720199.gif

Not going to show up in the stat sheet, but I thought Rucker and Charles played pretty well for us yesterday. Many times they had tight coverage, and Young made some NFL type throws to get a completion. Additionally, initial coverage was great on so many instances, but Young's elusiveness in the pocket helped extend plays where it just gets so difficult to cover for such a long period of time. Hopefully this can help build some depth in the secondary down the stretch. I kept thinking if we just get home a handful of times, the stats don't look nearly as robust.

I got so many texts last night. Auburn students. Mississippi State students. Even a guy from Wisconsin sitting in duck camp with a bunch of Yankees watching the game cheering for Tennessee while prepping gear for the morning hunt.

Virginia Tech students begrudgingly congrats'ed.

The entire world was watching that game.

My sister was outside the ESPN radio studios in downtown Chicago and there was a huge crowd gathered around the TV screens watching the final minutes.

I actually think this is a game for Hyatt to be a heavy target. They will want to be physical on the outside and make things difficult on Keyton/Tillman and Bru, but if Hyatt can get clean releases in the slot, which he has been able to do against most teams so far, then he has the potential to really be that guy to work the field all over. He worked all off-season on breaking the press, this is the game for him to show it.

That’s absolutely fair. Tillman is a great 50/50 pass catcher too. We will take shots downfield to Bru and Tillman if he plays. There hasn’t been any game yet where we haven’t taken shots. I just think this is a game that can set up nice for Hyatt.

Posted these on Friday. I wasn’t 100% right on how we would use Hyatt. I thought this would be a 10+ target type game for him where we used him for possession based receiving as well as taking shots downfield to him, and while I was a little off on that, I just knew this game was going to set up well for him and he would answer the bell. Even then, his stat line is just bonkers and he far exceeded what I thought. Seriously all time great performance by a UT WR.

They’ve played good too, the whole offensive line has. Really proud of them

Wright in particular is the one who was blocking both of them 90% of the time tho
That young man makes me proud. He stuck with us when everyone else tucked tail and ran.

Last edited:
Last night I initially thought Will Howard was playing in the secondary on the last drive. Howard is #35 and recovered muff kick off at LSU. Instead it was #36 -William Wright a sophomore walk on from Nashville giving his all for TN. Everyone on the roster contributed to this win.
Special Team
Special Season
Go Vols!!!!

Last night I initially thought Will Howard was playing in the secondary on the last drive. Howard is #35 and recovered muff kick off at LSU. Instead it was #36 -William Wright a sophomore walk on from Nashville giving his all for TN. Everyone on the roster contributed to this win.

Posters were complaining about our defense. An already bad secondary was missing a lot of pieces. And we still beat Bama. This team is so much fun

It appears Milton has just as much respect in the locker room as Hooker. Could bode well for next year and allow our young QBs to sit and learn. Hell of a win yesterday.
If they can just harness Milton's awesome natural ability...he could win the Heisman going away. He can make throws only a handful of guys on earth can make.

We have guys running wide open all over the field on every freaking play, but some throws are just hard to make for most players. Milton can flick his wrist and drive it on those throws.

Assuming that the OL is finally able to be counted on every game to give time from here on out unlike last year...that man could obliterate records next year.

Last edited:
My wife reminded me that last night after the kick I ran out the front door to the street and let out the loudest "WOOOO WELCOME TO TENNESSEE" (my neighborhood is all transplants from up north and CA 😅) and got a bunch of woos and cheers back, near and far.

She had to talk me out of driving laps around the neighborhood with our UT flag out of the sunroof, blaring Rocky top. Checks and balances 😆😆
Dunno man… May need to cut your losses there.

Couple random thoughts..

Alabama has feasted in this 'rivalry'on some of the worst teams this university has ever put on a field, while bands has put some of the best teams ever put there. So I'm willing to say that while I'm sure they'll be more than happy to remind us "15-1", I'd counter that with the following... The "1", I guarantee, is more valuable to us than all 15 of yours is to you. Cause in the one where we actually could win.... We did.

Have we ever played a second half of a season with more house money than this one? I bet this team plays loose and fun the rest of the way. So I'd say that spells trouble for some of our opponents...

I can't stop looking at all the post game hype.

Last night was incredible. Neither of my daughters have ever seen us beat Alabama and last night my 15 year old was in tears when the ball crossed the upright and my 12 year old was jumping around like she won the lottery. Many hugs enjoyed (after I stopped jumping around and cleared a couple tears from my face).

And I can't help but think about my grandparents and mother who are primarily responsible for me being the Tennessee fan I am, and how much they would have loved last night. Then to see that with my kids last night... I'll never forget it.

Go freaking Vols!
I wish my Mom and Pappaw could have seen it..😞

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back