Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how old LWS is feeling today? He has been adamant for 15 years that Tennessee would NEVER be good again.

I hope he has got gloom knocked off of him. I have been pessimistic but I've always said that if we got good leadership again that we would be back.at some point....I just never envisioned it happening this quickly.

I wonder how old LWS is feeling today? He has been adamant for 15 years that Tennessee would NEVER be good again.

I hope he has got gloom knocked off of him. I have been pessimistic but I've always said that if we got good leadership again that we would be back.at some point....I just never envisioned it happening this quickly.
He was shockingly optimistic in the lead up to the game on TOS, posting old wins over Bama, saying it was time, etc.

Curious if anyone knows of all the streaks we broke last night.

I know of 2, but there could be more.

Obviously the 15 game streak vs Bama

Then there's the streak vs top 10 opponents (based on when the game was played, as opposed to the team's final ranking...such as 2013 USCe who ended #4 but was not in the top ten when the game was played). That streak was reported as 15 years as well (smdh)

I believe the streak vs Top 5 teams is the same, since LSU was #4 in 2006 when we beat them.

Vs #1s it is 27 years (not that you get to play #1s very often...and when you do...well you're probably a big underdog)

Well, in the midst of our joy about the win, comes a little disappointment. We were planning to leave tomorrow for TN to come see the UT Martin game. This would have been our first game in over 30 years. Our jobs would never allow us to leave home in the fall. And now my wife has a major dental problem that needs to be taken care of this week. Consequently, we have 2 50 yard line tickets to sell. What is your recommendation? I as thinking of calling the ticket office tommorrow morning to see if they have options. Doubt it will work. I'm sure one of you has had a similar experience. Your help would be appreciated.

I get it, but agree to disagree here. Sorry for the over anal response but I was also bored so decided to look up where Bama ranked per year in penalties per game in the Saban era.

128 -2022
99 - 2021
62 - 2020 *
120 - 2019
55 - 2018
38 - 2017 *
61 - 2016
84 - 2015 *
29 - 2014
39 - 2013
8 - 2012 *
3 - 2011 *
32 - 2010
16 - 2009 *
6 - 2008
5 - 2007

The past 4 years have been above average undisciplined Saban teams. Championship teams are starred. Really think he’s starting to get away from his bread and butter which is very disciplined teams. That’s a hard thing to correct overnight. I’m not sure they make the SEC championship this year.
I can't agree...I believe the only thing that has changed is that calls actually get made against them. REALLY watch a Bama game from 10 years ago...they were doing the exact same things, yet they were almost never getting called.

If they have gotten sloppier,, it is only because they were encouraged by the officials longtime protection to think they would always get away with it. Why play disciplined when you ain't getting called for anything?

They have gotten away with egregious offensive and defensive holding, offsides and PI on defense since 2007. Not to mention always getting favorable targeting and personal foul calls in big games...often knocking other teams best defenders out of the game.

Really watch their old games without watching the ball...it is...enlightening.

For whatever reason the "tide" has finally turned and they aren't getting as much if any help from officials (Texas would disagree) So their staff better start teaching those guys to follow the rules better.

Last edited:
When Bama fans cry about refs after 20 years of buying the SEC off right in Birmingham

😭😭😭😭😭
View attachment 501950
What’s funny is they could have called holding on nearly every Alabama offensive play and they are crying about what was called 😂.

Side note: We still have a ton of room for improvement (play calling/clock management/defense) and we still beat Alabama! LFG!!!

Getting huge development and production from the trenches
Nope. Nope. Nope.

It's impossible to sniff the playoffs without 4-5 years of blue:

GOE-BlueChips-16oz-FRONT.png

Zero Fs about Morris. Gray was the only entertainment in the 2020 season and single-handedly won a bowl game the year before. Wish we had him now. And before someone comes at me…he had 180 yards against a pretty decent Kansas team yesterday.
Gray didn’t have a choice but to go.

You know Hooker's success here has to stick in their craw. They thought so little of him leaving and he has just been an absolute stud for us.

Some but one of my good friends is VT fan and he's happy to see Tennessee succeed. They know that Hooker wasn't going to make it with Fuentes there. They'd rather it be us than BAMA or UGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back