Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you should absolutely be impressed with Hooker’s leadership and moxie. All game long but especially once he laid it on the ground on the read option and Bama scoop and score. The way he came back after that is what every team wishes their QB could be.
Exactly.. couldn’t have said it better than that.. thank you 😂

After watching highlights multiple times, you know who is pretty damn good and has improved tremendously? Keyton. Dude used to not be able to catch anything, now he’s got glue hands.

Diving catches, better route running, instinctive with ball in his hands. His stats would be a little better but he’s been overthrown a couple times on TD opps. And he did quit on that route vs Bama. But he’s really, really good and goes unnoticed bc the other guys are doing stupidly great things like being Cedric Tillman and Jalin Hyatt catching 5 freakin TD’s vs Bama

Alright, been thinking about the NFL draft and who we might have to replace next season. This is what I think we will/might lose.

Offense:
D. Wright - Day 1
J. Carvin - Day 2 or 3
H. Hooker - Day 1 or 2
C. Tillman - Day 1 or 2
J. Warren - Day 3
P. Fant - Undrafted (UND)
Possibles:
J. Small - Day 3
J. Hyatt - Day 2
J. Crawford - UND (Not sure if he has another year)

Defense:
J. Banks - Day 2
B. Young - Day 1 or 2
T. Flowers - UND
J. McCullough - UND
Possibles:
T. Baron - Day 3
O. Thomas - Day 3

I think Small and Keyton return on offense. Hyatt may go get paid now. On defense, I think Beasley returns. Baron and Thomas should stay but I think Thomas can get a good draft position. I'm pretty sure Tank and Flowers have expired their playing time. Burrell will get a medical redshirt probably, and he may even transfer. Roman Harrison should have another season.

Been a long time since we've had this many players with serious chances of having their name called.
Sorry if already addressed, I’m way behind but I think I recall AP saying that Jacob Warren plans to be back next year.

Posted this missed read yesterday, but I can't get over how HORRIBLY Bama defended this.
3 Corners playing man. The down safety decided to play zone and gave Jalin Hyatt a smooth 15 yards of clean grass to run past him. If he wasn't playing zone, then he was betting Jalin was going to cut inside so he didn't backpedal.

The top LB is spying Hooker. The middle (Po'o Po'o) is on Small.

I'm pretty sure Bru is at the bottom of the screen. He has a corner playing man, and the OLB (Anderson?) Comes off the line and plays zone in the flat. Ends up double covering Bru. The deep safety is on that side too. So he has Bru over the top.

Bama had 3 defenders on 1 receiver running a 10 yard stop.... they had 3 defenders on 3 receivers on the other side, and the safety didn't get the memo to follow Hyatt anywhere.

But what could Bama have possibly done? If the deep safety rolls over to the middle of the field and takes Hyatt, Bru has 1v1 on the left sideline. He's going to bully that CB or get a DPI.

If the safety on Hyatt backpedals for the deep ball, Hyatt cuts to the middle of the field and puts him on skates.

I'm 99% sure that if we look at Hyatt's deep touchdowns after this, he gets one in this same scenario, and gets another cutting across the middle - reacting to the safety.

20221017_131144.jpg20221017_131329.jpg20221017_131530.jpg

Dark mode unis are basically a given for this one

Stoops is 5-6 in games immediately following a bye week.

Top 25 team coming in Neyland at night, dark mode, fans crazy loud against this Tennessee team? It isn't happening Kentucky.

Also, remember during the Ole Miss game. Kentucky's Oline was having a difficult time with the silent Cadance. 6 false starts, until they went back to verbal snap count because the Ole Miss fans weren't really making much noise. That isn't happening at Neyland.

Kentucky strength of schedule ranked 10th in the SEC and 32nd nationally.

48-17 Vols

After watching highlights multiple times, you know who is pretty damn good and has improved tremendously? Keyton. Dude used to not be able to catch anything, now he’s got glue hands.

Diving catches, better route running, instinctive with ball in his hands. His stats would be a little better but he’s been overthrown a couple times on TD opps. And he did quit on that route vs Bama. But he’s really, really good and goes unnoticed bc the other guys are doing stupidly great things like being Cedric Tillman and Jalin Hyatt catching 5 freakin TD’s vs Bama
We will be seeing some 4 WR sets soon enough....

I wish we gave him more opportunities to use those hands via 50/50 jump balls. He's just not a very dangerous deep threat, imo

Reactions: TennacJed

Top 25 team coming in Neyland at night, dark mode, fans crazy loud against this Tennessee team? It isn't happening Kentucky.

Also, remember during the Ole Miss game. Kentucky's Oline was having a difficult time with the silent Cadance. 6 false starts, until they went back to verbal snap count because the Ole Miss fans weren't really making much noise. That isn't happening at Neyland.

48-17 Vols

Vols should be able to get what they want. Neyland will be loud and crazy again. Kentucky will struggle.

56-14

48-17 Vols
Not to mention daddy Till will be back for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back