Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this missed read yesterday, but I can't get over how HORRIBLY Bama defended this.
3 Corners playing man. The down safety decided to play zone and gave Jalin Hyatt a smooth 15 yards of clean grass to run past him. If he wasn't playing zone, then he was betting Jalin was going to cut inside so he didn't backpedal.

The top LB is spying Hooker. The middle (Po'o Po'o) is on Small.

I'm pretty sure Bru is at the bottom of the screen. He has a corner playing man, and the OLB (Anderson?) Comes off the line and plays zone in the flat. Ends up double covering Bru. The deep safety is on that side too. So he has Bru over the top.

Bama had 3 defenders on 1 receiver running a 10 yard stop.... they had 3 defenders on 3 receivers on the other side, and the safety didn't get the memo to follow Hyatt anywhere.

But what could Bama have possibly done? If the deep safety rolls over to the middle of the field and takes Hyatt, Bru has 1v1 on the left sideline. He's going to bully that CB or get a DPI.

If the safety on Hyatt backpedals for the deep ball, Hyatt cuts to the middle of the field and puts him on skates.

I'm 99% sure that if we look at Hyatt's deep touchdowns after this, he gets one in this same scenario, and gets another cutting across the middle - reacting to the safety.

View attachment 502668View attachment 502669View attachment 502670
They didn't need 3 DB covering the 1 WR on the left side.

So I've given my Bama coworker all day to bring up the game. Nothing. So like any self-respecting vol fan I make an excuse to bring up the game. Nothing positive about TN just says he thought they had a good defense but guess it was not as good as he thought.
That’s all you’re going to get lol

So I've given my Bama coworker all day to bring up the game. Nothing. So like any self-respecting vol fan I make an excuse to bring up the game. Nothing positive about TN just says he thought they had a good defense but guess it was not as good as he thought.
They do have a good defense. Too bad our offense is better.

That’s not true. I actually had two gator fans congratulate me on the win. They wanted both of us to beat uga. I don’t think that I have ever agreed with a gator before.

Multiple Aggies are happy for us. They are equally sad that we didn’t hand bama their 2nd loss.

So many people congratulated me as they walked by, it became hilarious. I had talked to one of the rental car agents while waiting to get my vehicle. He left what he was doing to run over and fist bump me when Ihe saw me returning! It was surreal.

In short, as I always knew, the Tennessee Volunteers are the people’s champions. We’re America’s team. Why? Because the spirit of the Volunteer is the epitome of what makes this the greatest country on this planet!

6-0 😎

Headed towards

15-0 🤠

Are you starting to believe @Ulysees E. McGill ?

We have a ton of SEC fans at the country club and almost everyone of them is happy that we took Bama down. I can't stop smiling when I'm playing golf right now. Oddly enough, not one Bama fan has said anything to me at the club :cool::cool:

Kentucky fans are not talking to me either :):)

Two dragons down...one giant one to go..
You think Alabama was a tougher game than UGA will be?

I think we have the edge against UGA, based on how we've dominated good defenses. Ojulari & Will Anderson were non-existent. I don't think UGA has the offense to keep up with us. They get homfield advantage, but I'm not really sure that bothers our guys at all.

You think Alabama was a tougher game than UGA will be?

I think we have the edge against UGA, based on how we've dominated good defenses. Ojulari & Will Anderson were non-existent. I don't think UGA has the offense to keep up with us. They get homfield advantage, but I'm not really sure that bothers our guys at all.
I read an article today that gave me a lot of confidence against UGA.

No one has been able to score on them and their Defense is the reason they have won their games. It has not been their offense.

If we can score on them they won't be able to catch up.

Bennetts numbers are bad - not turnover bad, but they just don't scream shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back