Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it‘s schemed differently than what Peyton ran, we force the defense to show their coverage hand (usually), then we pick the matchup(s) we want. In almost every passing situation, we have a primary and secondary open, but missed the primary read on this one. We accomplish this because we take advantage of the defense revealing their coverage and then flooding zones to clear areas where only our guys can get, which most times, like the illustrations show, leaves the defense hurling expletives.

I know Nick’s head had to be spinning like a top after seeing the wide stacks with TE or RB motion. When ran this efficiently, I don’t know that it can be stopped at the college level. Several NFL coordinators would struggle with slowing this down.

Nick’s head trying to figure it out:

View attachment 502684

Remember when Brian Kelly said we don’t have a lot of different formations and we don’t use motion before the snap? That was fun.

Seriously though, the motion before the snap goes back to what you said about getting the defense to show their hand. How many times against Bama did we motion out a RB towards the WRs and then the whole offense looked back towards the sideline and the RB either stayed or went back? A lot. And the reason was we were specifically motioning players to get the defense to show us if they were in man or zone. I’m not a tactical or strategy guy so I won’t pretend to explain how it exposes their coverage, though I have ideas, but this has been mentioned by multiple commentators this season. Danielson (🤮) mentioned it multiple times on Saturday.

Last edited:
Just for the fun of it, I just watched Saban’s Monday presser. Lol those reporters are so afraid to ask a tough question, they wanted to know what he thought about the way refs call pass interference and the no call on targeting.

Should have asked why they didn’t make adjustments on defense so their safety isn’t getting abused the entire game! Saban’s response on pass interference was he just wants it called the same for both teams. Lol

Not once did he give us credit, what a cry baby!

I've heard many Bama fans crying about a few different targeting calls that they didn't get. For those that weren't watching a broadcast, what instances of potential targeting are they talking about?
Thomas hitting Young later in the game. It looked like he hit him helmet to helmet from the sideline view but the camera up above showed that he hit him with his right shoulder and they might've brushed facemasks. Definitely not targeting and they even reviewed it for targeting. The problem is that the broadcast only showed that camera angle from above one time, so their fans are pissed off about it.

This is a stat that wins you games on Defense in the SEC.

Look at what Ole Miss ranks in Rush Defense - that will cost them games.

You slow this offense down by rushing the ball. If you can't... you lose.
Ole miss will lose some games…. The second best team that they have played is Auburn.

Do they not understand that if a game was rigged, it would be rigged in their favor?
Exactly.. they need to start worrying about their upcoming games, because I guarantee these teams smell blood in the water now 😂 Bama vs LSU, Ole Miss, and Auburn games are going to be fun to watch in addition to Our Vols! Football is fun again! Yay Go Vols!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back