Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like '98.

This season is about exorcising demons and BVS. Clean living wins out.

After that, no mercy. Just business.

You young guns are going to understand why we old farts enjoyed the 90s so much. Which makes these days all that much sweeter to us because this run could be even better than they were.

I don't think it was a foul because the section you are citing is speaking specifically about a punt and not a kick. In the section about a kick, it is silent on hurdling the blocker. He did not step on, put a hand on or get lifted. This is very fun to debate because it totally does not matter because the kick still went through.

No, I was referring to b. Which applies to FG. Not sure if hurdling is in play on FG or not.

Reactions: drvenner
Which play did TN have 12 men on the field that did not get called?
Tennessee had 12 on the field on defense on the goal line when Saban called a time out. At the time Gary said something about Nick not liking what he was seeing on defense. What both of them missed was that the defensive formation looked strange because we had 12 on the field.

It wasn't a penalty because the ball was never snapped. There is no "12 in the formation" on defense.

Tennessee had 12 on the field on defense on the goal line when Saban called a time out. At the time Gary said something about Nick not liking what he was seeing on defense. What both of them missed was that the defensive formation looked strange because we had 12 on the field.

It wasn't a penalty because the ball was never snapped. There is no "12 in the formation" on defense.
exactly. which is why you will see offenses try to hurry up and snap the ball when a defensive player is running off to try to get that flag.

if they would have snapped the ball, a flag would have been thrown, but I don't expect bama fans to know **** about football or the rules for that matter.

Being the last game of the regular season, that Iron Bowl was able to have unique conference title and national implications that a midseason game cannot have. Everything was on the line in that game, and you knew it was, because it was final regular season game.

It did not have the consistent offensive highlight reel plays our game did, but there was a lot going on before the kick as well. Like our game, one of the teams blew a sizable lead (Alabama in this case) and a big play early in the 4th quarter kind of felt like a dagger at the time (Alabama his Amari Cooper on a 99-yard TD pass early in the 4th quarter to give Alabama the lead).

You can argue that game is the single greatest college football game of all time given the exciting nature of the game, combined with the fact that series is maybe the most heated rivalry in college football, combined with the championship implications it had.

Are we talking which game was more exciting or what game is considered the greatest of all time?

I thought the original post before the one I commented on was which was more exciting but I could be wrong. If we are just talking which was more exciting then I’m just specifically looking at that game in a vacuum. Nothing outside like implications or anything like that.. just which game was more exciting to watch. And I think that ours was, easily. That iron bowl had the better shock ending.. but it wasn’t more exciting throughout the game.

If we are talking greatest game of all time I still don’t think it’s the 2013 Iron Bowl. I give that credit to the 2006 Texas vs USC National Championship.

Bama fans are spoiled. I do not have any sympathy for them. They deserve adversity in the future to be humbled.
The slightest bit of discomfort and they will all fall off the bandwagon lol.. in the meanwhile, we have persevered as a fanbase and never (well, mostly) lost hope lol… but we never left!!!

I've heard many Bama fans crying about a few different targeting calls that they didn't get. For those that weren't watching a broadcast, what instances of potential targeting are they talking about?
Those obnoxious gumps are sickening.I saw at least once one of their players could have been called for targeting.Their arses got beaten and they can’t handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back