Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want this so badly. I have extended family that are Clemson fans. Nothing I want more than to beat the Tigers and rub it in their face.
Me too. I have a lot of relatives in the Spartanburg, Greenville, Charlotte area. Love them but I would give my left pinky to kick the snot out of Clemson. I’m so sick of their entitled, superiority complex.

Are we getting to point that administration refusal to promote spyre is costing us recruits, portal opportunity, and ability to keep roster intact following this year and do you see that as a huge mistake given program momentum?

or are enough of the big money guys doing their thing with spyre that we are still on good footing when it comes to NIL vs competition?

61B1D9E5-F02E-4D4F-AB94-2E62B738E7CB.jpeg
This is the same thing Basilio has been talking about since the summer, but it was blown off as not true. Now that AP is confirming it I just wanted to say BASILIO WINS AGAIN.

In all seriousness the UTAD needs to get aligned so we can take full advantage of the momentum we have right now. We’re trying to run full speed but have a weight around our neck.

View attachment 502925
This is the same thing Basilio has been talking about since the summer, but it was blown off as not true. Now that AP is confirming it I just wanted to say BASILIO WINS AGAIN.

In all seriousness the UTAD needs to get aligned so we can take full advantage of the momentum we have right now. We’re trying to run full speed but have a weight around our neck.

Hasn’t Basilio been saying that the Haslams were getting the admin in line on this? I’m sure he’s mentioned that a couple of times, lately.

Ok..I’m so frustrated with Bammer fans..I just reached out to one on my FB friend list in a comment under a video that I posted..I told her great game and we we’re over the moon still because of the 15yr fraught..she went on to complain about the refs and how corrupted that specific crew has been in other games..Can they just say, “Yeah, great game between two rivals, etc.” Instead they have to make an excuse every time the lose, it’s always the refs fault..It’s never Saban’s fault or so and so’s fault..I swear I’m starting to hate Bama and their fans as much as I do Florida’s..They are the most entitled fan base in the country.😖😖

I have a bama friend and he has only focused on our reaction to our win. No comment on what a great game it was or congrats on a hard fought victory. Just why do UT fans act like that. No idea what we have been through. They need a decade of wandering.

View attachment 502925

I’m not sure that exactly confirms Basilio. Pretty clear that Spyre has some big donors. Maybe the older ones have been slow to react, but I’m sure this is discussed privately.

If you heard Plowman’s interview on Finebaum Friday night, you heard her position on it…at least publicly.

Reactions: drvenner
I have a bama friend and he has only focused on our reaction to our win. No comment on what a great game it was or congrats on a hard fought victory. Just why do UT fans act like that. No idea what we have been through. They need a decade of wandering.

Indeed. Fifteen years of full stomachs have made them soft. They have forgotten what it means to be truly hungry.

Last edited:
I’m not sure that exactly confirms Basilio. Pretty clear that Spyre has some big donors. Maybe the older ones have been slow to react, but I’m sure this is discussed privately.

If you heard Plowman’s interview on Finebaum Friday night, you heard her position on it…at least publicly.

I’d be curious to see just exactly what Basilio’s thoughts are on this. @Jack Burton, you should call into your show today and ask you about it.

Hasn’t Basilio been saying that the Haslams were getting the admin in line on this? I’m sure he’s mentioned that a couple of times, lately.

Yes, at first he was keeping them anonymous but eventually let slip that the Haslams told Danny White to open the floodgates to Spyre. This is one situation where I’d hope our AD listens to the Haslams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back