Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pic of Darnell is ridiculous. He makes Trey Smith look small.

FXQqTAoWQAAY7vX

KM's legs are still undefeated. Jesus

All of this is pretty typical of a loser. They do the whole “Well, we lost but at least we’re classy and don’t act like them. Let me tell you what they did.” Bama fans just aren’t used to losing and don’t know what else to do.
They are having trouble handling a regular season loss to Tennessee. A game which, despite losing, they can still win the SEC and make the playoff.

If they are having this much trouble with this loss, imagine how they will handle multiple years of 8/9 win seasons. I bet some of their crazier fans will want the program shut down.

He has no connection to the NFL, but neither did Kliff Kingsbury. There has been a run on young, creative, offensive coaches in the NFL lately.

I agree that he does seem to really enjoy the unique things about college football, in contrast to KK who is on record about how he doesn't like recruiting. I think it is unlikely Heupel jumps to the NFL but that is more likely than him taking another college job.

When you are a head coach at a program like Tennessee and you have that program rolling, the only place I could envision that coach ever leaving for is one he has a close connection to. The only other college institution he has an obvious connection to is Oklahoma, and honestly as long as Stoops has influence there I'm not even sure they'd want him even if Heupel did want to go there.

Kliff was also fired by Texas Tech. He wasn't a competent CFB head coach and would likely never get another P5 job. I think if he had Texas Tech rolling and had been hired by a bigger program, he would still be in CFB.

My wife caught that live. She was like: her boob just popped out. I was like: oh, I wasn’t even looking 😈

There was a young lady walking down the steps near our seats and the wind whipped up toward the end of the game. Her dress flew right up. She tried to pull the front down and the back flew up. It took her a good 4 or 5 seconds to get it all under control. Her face was beet red. Of course I, being the gentleman that I am (and the fact that I was standing next to my beautiful wife), looked away quickly.

Last edited:
many rabid fans had spent saturday afternoons clipping grass, trimming trees, on boat, fishing, shopping (threw that in there for @Glitch), with game on somewhere. Truly, hats off to Huep and White for bringing in a special product. I would encourage fans to soak it in.

When its gone it makes you appreciate these moments more.

Shopping? Shopping for man stuff maybe. Like tools or lumber or flowers to plant and make my home pretty.

Kliff was also fired by Texas Tech. He wasn't a competent CFB head coach and would likely never get another P5 job. I think if he had Texas Tech rolling and had been hired by a bigger program, he would still be in CFB.
True, but if an NFL team found a fired CFB coach attractive, how attractive might they find Heupel if he's got Tennessee rolling?

The trend the last several years with offense has been the college game influencing the NFL, and they currently love these young, mad scientist offensive play caller types.

I just don't see it. Heupel really has no connection to the NFL, and he seems like a guy who revels in the atmosphere and pageantry of college football. Plus, he's having his way with opposing defenses right now and is probably about to be a $10 million man.
Since when do you need a connection to the NFL to go to the NFL? Very few people would pass up the same amount of money for a lot less work (no recruiting).

There was a young lady walking down the steps near our seats and the wind whipped up toward the end of the game. Her dress flew right up. She tried to pull the front down and the back flew up. It took her a grew 4 or 5 seconds to get it all under control. Her face was beet red. Of course I, being the gentleman that I am (and the fact that I was standing next to my beautiful wife), looked away quickly.
Your definition of quickly and your wife’s are probably not the same

Unrelated...

Kia Sorento, Honda Pilot, or Toyota Highlander? Looking at getting a new to me SUV with 3rd row seating and these are the 3 I've identified.

Since when do you need a connection to the NFL to go to the NFL? Very few people would pass up the same amount of money for a lot less work (no recruiting).

Maybe he enjoys recruiting and developing young players? Maybe he enjoys the thought of being able to dominate which is essentially impossible in the NFL? Maybe he's looking at Kliff on the hot seat and thinking he'd rather be head coach in Knoxville for 20 years than fired in 3-4 years in the NFL?

Matt Rhule and Urban are cautionary tales.

Kliff is on the hot seat in Arizona too. The NFL doesn't have recruiting but it's a grind in other ways. Once you get rolling in CFB you can keep rolling for a long, long time. In the NFL it's constant turnover and you've got a GM and owner who supersede you.

As long as DW is at UT, Heup is gonna have it made. If he went to the NFL he's swimming with sharks.

Leading up to the game, all Bama fans could say was “Lol, this is y’all’s Super Bowl. It’s just another Saturday for us.”

They’re definitely acting like it was just another game for them.

The 'We're so good we don't care if we lose' defense that Alabama fans use is kind of weird. When they're using it in advance of a game you know they're in trouble.

If playing the undefeated #6 team that has the best resume in college football on the road is 'just another Saturday' for them then maybe that's why they lost. We weren't some 2 loss team trying to salvage our season with an Alabama win going into the game. We were just as well positioned for the playoffs as they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back