Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to stir the pot...but I'm also a logical/realist fan (who leans optimistic most the time).

I think we're the best offense in the country, don't feel there is much debate to be had there.

But I don't think I'd say we're the best -team- in the country (not yet at least). Really feel like if we've got a legit shot at 15-0 we need to see the defense take a few more steps. I'm okay with giving up all the passing yards, it's expected with other teams playing catchup. But we at least need to see more turnovers and sacks.

I'd say we're in the mix with Ohio State & Georgia though...and we'll get our chance to prove it head to head with Georgia in their stadium. But right now we need to get the secondary healthy and have a clean injury free game against UT Martin.

Last time I checked our offense is part of the team. And bc our offense is elite, we are able to overcome our deficiencies (which every team has). We’ll see if that continues to be the case.

You don’t have to win games 52-0 to win a championship or be really good. 52-49 will do just fine 😉

I’m not sure that exactly confirms Basilio. Pretty clear that Spyre has some big donors. Maybe the older ones have been slow to react, but I’m sure this is discussed privately.

If you heard Plowman’s interview on Finebaum Friday night, you heard her position on it…at least publicly.
What did she say?

It's incredible that Alabama has had such a dynasty if you just think of recruiting. They have to fight Miss State and Ole Miss for MS talent. Auburn for instate talent. Auburn is closer to Atlanta and you have to deal with Tennessee and Georgia there too. Tennessee historically locks down the state and pulls players from Alabama regularly.

They're in a terrible recruiting location, but they have national sway because of the brand. If not for the sheer luck of Tuscaloosa sitting along a demographic belt that produces insanely talented athletes and the existence of Bear Bryant, that brand never would've materialized.
Dude...their bagmen have bought a #1-#3 class every f'n year since 2007...that's how they have done it.

Looked like he had the wrong end in his mouth...

twss.gif

Bammers around here have been the most triggered group of pansies I have ever been around ever. My Dad (bammer grad) has even been a bitch since Saturday lol. When we were getting our **** kicked in for nearly two decades, people around here would always say that football would be better if Tennessee was good again, but when it starts happening, they act totally different.

They weren’t ready for Vols to be good NOW. Heupel done flipped the script on folks

Last time I checked our offense is part of the team. And bc our offense is elite, we are able to overcome our deficiencies (which every team has). We’ll see if that continues to be the case.

You don’t have to win games 52-0 to win a championship or be really good. 52-49 will do just fine 😉

52-49 you say?

49093354-7259-41ac-95e5-6a234d0268fa_text.gif

What did she say?

She was very much in support of athletics, and it seemed like multiple times said that it all goes hand in hand. Academics benefit from great athletics, and getting people on campus and watching tv help the branding of UT.

She was asked about the new landscape with NIL and said that she does not want to turn it into a semi-pro league. She did emphasize student-athlete and just wanted to be careful where it goes.

I thought it was a nice interview and a very reasonable take. She also talked about the handling of the NCAA investigation and how she had help from others and the decision to hire Danny White.

Has to be BS. An old high school friend of mine who is a die hard Bama fan and has been as long as I've known him was at that game with his daughter and wife who are both die hard VOL fans. After the game he rushed the field with them wearing a collared Bama shirt. They took pictures with players, fans and a coach or two. Said the fans were actually great and despite losing he had a great time with them. And everyone was partying too hard to be upset with him. He just went with the flow and everyone was fine. Some of you probably have pictures of him. Short, Hispanic guy with short hair with a blonde wife and daughter in tow.
I saw a couple Bama fans rushing the field also having the time of their lives with their friends/family.

I said it last year, and it didn’t play out. But I really believe you’re going to see a bunch of high-level transfers jump on board this offseason.
We have to keep what we have.

We need to donate to Spyre. It is pivotal. Y’all go listen to Brandon Spurlock on Josh and Swain today

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back