Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just checking in. Haven’t posted since my Alabama preview but I’ve been reading and liking a lot of what you guys have been writing. One thing I think more and more people are realizing is that this year we absolutely can TRUST our football team (coaches & players). That’s how much BVS has been cured. jmo.

I don’t have any real changes to my preseason Kentucky preview. I think everyone knows their strengths (none really) and weaknesses (everywhere) but none of the computer models see this as a toss-up game at the moment. We’re expected to win by multiple scores.

The greater the margin we beat Kentucky by the greater the likelihood the computers see our game with Georgia at Georgia as a toss-up. If the game in Athens was in Neyland all the computer models would already say it’s a toss-up, pretty much the same as Alabama.

All of our remaining opponents are projected to be multi-score wins for us. Only one possible toss-up remains. We’ve won all one-score games so far this year whether at home or on the road and the probability of us winning our last one this year on the road in Athens is increasing on a weekly basis.

11-1 is now our floor for the regular season; 15-0 is our ceiling for the year. jmo.

When we ventured into Death Valley it was assumed that LSU would have the home field advantage. It didn’t exactly work out that way. For much of the game folks on Bourbon Street in the French quarter of New Orleans could hear the lyrics of Rocky Top in the breeze blowing down from Baton Rouge. By the 4th quarter Tiger Stadium had a decided Tennessee home field advantage.

On November 5th we need as many Tennessee fans as we can get in Sanford stadium. If we have our fans with us our matchup with Georgia, according to the computers, moves into the pick ‘em category. If that is the case then with our coaches, with our players, and with our fans, I like our odds. jmo.

It would be best if we have so many fans in the stands in Athens that when Kirby looks around the stadium before kickoff he develops an acute case of Saban-esque anxiety. jmo.

If you have any doubt about the contribution of our fans to the outcome of our games, consider this, tonight on Vol Calls Heupel said the reason Alabama missed their field goal at the end of the game Saturday was because our fans blew it off course to the right. No, really. Everybody on the broadcast agreed. 👀

If you watch the trajectory just before he tipped it, I think it was going wide-left, no joke. I really think that Alabama tip changed its course and made it good.
I guess the refs caused him to tip it in for us. You know he's watched the reply of it and they surely realize it was probably a miss before he tipped it. That's karma for getting away with leaping over our linemen.

I’m just checking in. Haven’t posted since my Alabama preview but I’ve been reading and liking a lot of what you guys have been writing. One thing I think more and more people are realizing is that this year we absolutely can TRUST our football team (coaches & players). That’s how much BVS has been cured. jmo.

I don’t have any real changes to my preseason Kentucky preview. I think everyone knows their strengths (none really) and weaknesses (everywhere) but none of the computer models see this as a toss-up game at the moment. We’re expected to win by multiple scores.

The greater the margin we beat Kentucky by the greater the likelihood the computers see our game with Georgia at Georgia as a toss-up. If the game in Athens was in Neyland all the computer models would already say it’s a toss-up, pretty much the same as Alabama.

All of our remaining opponents are projected to be multi-score wins for us. Only one possible toss-up remains. We’ve won all one-score games so far this year whether at home or on the road and the probability of us winning our last one this year on the road in Athens is increasing on a weekly basis.

11-1 is now our floor for the regular season; 15-0 is our ceiling for the year. jmo.

When we ventured into Death Valley it was assumed that LSU would have the home field advantage. It didn’t exactly work out that way. For much of the game folks on Bourbon Street in the French quarter of New Orleans could hear the lyrics of Rocky Top in the breeze blowing down from Baton Rouge. By the 4th quarter Tiger Stadium had a decided Tennessee home field advantage.

On November 5th we need as many Tennessee fans as we can get in Sanford stadium. If we have our fans with us our matchup with Georgia, according to the computers, moves into the pick ‘em category. If that is the case then with our coaches, with our players, and with our fans, I like our odds. jmo.

It would be best if we have so many fans in the stands in Athens that when Kirby looks around the stadium before kickoff he develops an acute case of Saban-esque anxiety. jmo.

If you have any doubt about the contribution of our fans to the outcome of our games, consider this, tonight on Vol Calls Heupel said the reason Alabama missed their field goal at the end of the game Saturday was because our fans blew it off course to the right. No, really. Everybody on the broadcast agreed. 👀
The fan's noise created a cymatics pattern that changed it's course midflight. Just like how water reacts to people talking nicely to it or if they're rude. The crowd noise created an atmosphere that knew it had to move the ball wide right. 😆

@VolsDoc81TX

spongebob-mocking.gif

Heupel is the freaking man at stealing points before halftime or outright winning games with barely any time left.

vs UK last year we had 16 seconds left before halftime and drove 30 yards into FG range and McGrath made the kick. We won by 3.

I do think he kinda mismanaged the end of the MCB by going for two kill shots when trying to get closer for the gamewinning FG would have been better, but oh well.

Good..Glad that you were in a safe spot.👍

Thanks...I'm thankful for where we live...there is no way I would live in these mountains down in a river-creek bottom....there is no where for the water to go but down these long narrow valleys.

I've lived up here for 7 years and just since I've been here there have been several bad floods in the area.

So we are halfway done with the season and here are the team stats nationally.

Offense:
#1 in total offense
#4 yards per play
#15 total yards
#4 in TDS
#2 in scoring offense
#5 passing offense
#4 passing yards per completion
T-#1 red zone offense
#27 rush offense
#26 first down offense
#37 3rd down %
#21 4th down %
#6 in completion %
#44 sacks allowed
#2 team passing efficiency
#5 tackles for loss allowed

Defense:
#104 total defense
#37 3rd down defense
#74 4th down defense
#93 first down defense
#31 kick return defense
#129 pass defense
#87 punt return defense
#12 red zone defense
#47 scoring defense
#10 rush defense
#62 team pass defensive efficiency
#34 team sacks
#35 tackles for loss

Jackasses. No surprise, but to lobby for a kid to get hurt over a damn ball game??? I’m as passionate as the next fan, but I don’t want any player to get legitimately hurt and especially if it impacts their career going forward. If I had a chance, I’d go find that toothless wonder and punch him in the mouth and hope I connect to any hidden tooth.

So we are halfway done with the season and here are the team stats nationally.

Offense:
#1 in total offense
#4 yards per play
#15 total yards
#4 in TDS
#2 in scoring offense
#5 passing offense
#4 passing yards per completion
T-#1 red zone offense
#27 rush offense
#26 first down offense
#37 3rd down %