Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayer request for my old girl Charlotte, she's the distinguished old lady on the left. She somehow scraped the cornea of her left eye pretty good and despite our treatment the eye abscessed and has to go. After consulting with the vet we do not feel the risk of putting her under due to her age and the risk of more injury is the right thing. We are treating with antibiotics and letting the eye dissipate naturally.

We made a promise to the prior owners and her that we would look after this old girl and give her the best life possible. I take the responsibility of every animal we take in seriously. She's been in good spirits and is eating and drinking well. If you pray please think of her and include her.....

View attachment 508960
Added to my prayer list. Your love and devotion to animals is heart warming. Thank you for taking such good care of them.

I vowed early in the year not to post until we slayed the three headed dragon. We've cut two of the heads off already, with the third coming Saturday. I guess being #1 in the country going into that game is a good enough reason to post. 😉

Beating LSU in Death Valley was a nice bonus too.
You suck.

Heupel smokes blunts....there I said it. The man hit that cigar like it was a rolled White Owl White Grape blunt wrap.....either that or he keeps it old school and re-wraps a green leaf Optimo. Either way, he is easily the most likeable but savagely competitive coach I can remember in my 40 years as a VFL. Seems like a genuinely great guy but you can tell he is a stone cold killer when it's time to compete.

Phil, Johnny and Lane are the only other coaches I felt had the same intensity but it's just different with Hype...doesn't seem like a spoiled sociopath like Lane, isn't two-faced and political like Fulmer and isn't a drunk like Johnny. Just a mad scientist, offensive genius who lives for football and helping others reach their full potential. Even defensive players. Who else understands and respects defenses like a former QB? Our coaching version of Peyton may not be a former Vol or an NFL legend but he is a VFL now and is much better equipped to take us to the promised land and park our a$$e$ there for the next decade or two. I'll be here for every second of it.

No woo???

I guess that settles that debate.
There was also no singing. Most people didn't know the words yet. Since that day 50 years ago, Tennessee fans have not only learned the words, but have taught the song to every fan base we've come across and millions of others around the world.

I noticed that... & thought the same exact thing. I also think they know so I'm assuming he will step aside after the National Championship is clad in orange!
I can’t take listening to Bob anymore and I certainly don’t, WON’T listen to him if we make it all the way. I just hope whoever it was that did the voice over in the Alabama win in John’s voice does it again. It’ll only be fitting.

I keep seeing "feels like 98" and it reminds me of that 98 game in Athens that I was at. We were 4th and they were 7th but favored because we had just lost Jamal the week before at auburn. An ajc sports writer picked us to lose 172-13, and that Quincy Carter was going to dismantle us and that we were overrated even with Jamal.........I don't know why but I have the same feeling I had in 98. I could be wrong, but I just feel we win Saturday and win by at least 2 scores. I just think we are so much better coached than they are. I can see the quiet confidence in Hype. It's clear as day to me. Tldr, I know.

What’s crazy is when we beat UGA Saturday, and when we beat Bama in the SEC Championship.. there’s a chance that neither Bama or UGA get into the playoff depending on other results.

No one thought that could be the case coming into the season that neither of them would be there. Nobody.

And it’s all because of UT! WE put them there. 😤

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back